Stomach Discomfort for 2 Weeks already

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can someone help me. I am 16 this year I have been having stomach problems for the past 2 weeks and I really don't know why . Initially , it started that I have loss my appetite , as time progresses , my stomach started to feel not very well , rumbling and discomfort feeling . But now , there's a heavy , pressure feeling below my sternum or above my belly button . I went to my GP and she said I had GERD , not sure if that's true . My appetite seems to be much okay right now but that pressure feeling below my sternum just won't go of , it will last no more that 30mins , and then it will come back again after awhile .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi my son has had problems like this  he took mastika and dgl licorice get these from holland and barrett you take mastika at night 2 i think read bottle and  licorice anytime to help calm tummy it took 2 weeks but did work also he swears by digestive advantage you get them from amazon uk the one for digestive problems he always has them around  i hope this will help bless you  also he didnt have bread for 2 weeks try these things let me know if the work for you, hope so big hug

all the best     karen x

• Posted

Hi could be gerd, did she give you anything for it ?  I have a lot of digestive trouble and some days get discomfort you describe. Sometimes it feels like i have a brick in my stomach after eating a meal or i get the discomfort and rumbling noises which i think may be caused by trapped air.  Do you get any burning sensation in your throat ?  Try keep to a plain diet and eat little and often rather than a big meal.
  • Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with IBS/GERD at 15, so know how you feel, I am 56 now but it has not always been bad, it comes and goes. You need to keep on top of the symptoms. Stress which at your age is probably constant with school etc, making sure you eat properly, be careful of the pizza, fizzy drinks, chocolate is a bad one for me and try not to eat on the go, walking along eating McD's is not good, although we all do it. Not sure if you are UK but all the supermarket and pound shops sell things like windeze, colpermin and ranitidine all reasonably priced and worth trying for stomach pains etc. It is a bit of an embarrasing topic at 16 but wind is an awfully painful thing as it not only comes out of the usual end, it can travel around the chest and stomach etc and cause incredible pain and bloated feelings. Go back to GP if no better in a couple of weeks and do not be fobbed off with IBS as it could easily be an allergy to gluten or wheat. Take care
    • Posted

Hi youngatheart, i too started with ibs around the age of 15 and am now same age as you. I did not notice problems with acid until in my 40's and did not realise at the time how much trouble it can give you. I first noticed it when bending over weeding in the gardent etc, or sometimes in bed usually after a takeaway. Only around a year ago did i start with the really nasty symptoms of bloating, burning (sometimes from mouth down into intestines) pains in chest ( i find these the most frightening). I just wish i knew what the cause of mine was so i could avoid it, i dont want to spend the rest of my life in pain or on drugs with side effects. I think cereal or porridge does not agree with me although i asked my doctor for gluten test during routine blood tests and he told me it was negative. My vice is chocolate and have eaten some recently and had bad acid last couple of days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.