Stomach feels heavy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I have a history of gerd and have had an endoscopy about a year and a half ago which showed a hiatal hernia, and have been put on a ppi. Also had a colonoscopy whuch showed nothing. A few months later, i had severe upper and lower abdominal pains and lack of appetite which then led me to have an ultrasound, which also showed nothing. A year later i underwent a ct scan with oral contrast which showed colitis and have been put on antibiotics. However they didn't find anything in my stomach. A ct scan would've showed gastritis however nothing showed up. I just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Doctor that read ct scan results didn't seem concerned about stomach since nothing showed up on scan.

• Posted

Hi Jack...your story is a bit like mine except that I had gastritis, gerd and hiatal hernia.

Been dealing with stomach and digestive issues for over 1 year now. But juxt recently started to.get some relief. I found a alternative dr who says all my digestive issues are really coming from parasites, something that conventional doctors rarely suspect or bring up. I am doing much better than before.

• Posted

Hi Mary! Do you mind sharing what you are taking that has offered you relief. Like you I have here and hiatal hernia and has been having digestive issues for a year as well. It's such a tough condition to live with. I am so glad you are getting answers.

• Posted

Christelle I will pm you because im sure moderator will delete if I put the names of supplements.
    • Posted

That's interesting cause doctors usually rarely rule out parasites as a cause of a certain problem. I'm glad that you've found some relief. Could you please pm me the supplement name ?

• Posted

I have a hiatal hernia as well I'm supposed to have surgery Only put it off due to daughter with Cancer Thought you might want to know You're not crazy I feel full and bloated all the time Along with trouble breathing caused by the hernia pushing up at my lungs I've had for years because the not so smart doctors didn't figure it out They knew I had Gerd But it got so bad it turned into something called Barrett's My esophogus is burned beyond repair and need surgery for that as well Don't give up Doctors sometimes are not all there Good luck Jack

• Posted

Sending you love and prayers as you deal with both your daughter s and your situation.
    • Posted

Prayers for you and your daughter; stay strong. These stomach issues are really draining mentally and physically. Its just this feeling of a heavy stomach is just unbearable.
    • Posted

Thank You jack Yes Mentally draining is a good way to put it It's tough when you feel so heavy you can barely breathe or walk I'm going back to GI doc and telling him I just can't do this anymore My daughter told me Mom you got to take care of you Made me cry 

Prayers for you as well I wish you all the luck in the world finding an answer and getting thru this 

• Posted

Hi Jack,

I understand what your going through. I have the same problems with NAFLD. Hiatial hernia and ulcers. I have bought of severe constipation and explosive diarrhea, which I'm going through the last 2 days. Its very exhausting, no energy. I have last 60 lbs since February. When I tell the Drs that I'm in pain in my liver area, they look at me like I'm crazy and its impossible. I do vomit and nausea, can't stand certain smells. My husband was cooking chicken I ran in the kitchen and threw the whole skillet out the back door. Smells like a rotten corpse. I don't how to describe it. I have various growths, not pregnant. Had a hysterectomy at 28 and now I'm 44. I wish I could give you some good advise, but nothing seems to work for me. Getting through each day is huge!!! I don't eat much these days, of course I can't stand smells. I guess I just wanted you to know your not alone, in in your boat with you and I know your pain. Hang in there and let me know if you find anything else out.

• Posted

Hi danielle,

Hope you're doing fine. I also suffer from such nausea regarding smells. And have lost a lot of weight. I just don't know what to do. I guess we'll just have to hang in there and hope for the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.