Stomach gas and bloating with all medcations.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been suffering from GERD for nearly 2 years now, although possibly longer before being diagnosed. 

I've been on Omeprazole, Lansoprazole and Ranitidine.

I've found that I have the best results on Lansoprazole, with my heartburn completely cured. The main problem I'm having is stomach gas and bloating after eating or drinking. Any form of fizzy drink is out of bounds, even a few sips can cause discomfort. What's worse is I can't even go out to have a few drinks, I know I shouldn't be drinking with GERD, but being only 28 and not being able to drink does severely limit my social life.  

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and what can be done to remedy it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same thing. so bad i was scared to eat.  I started taking multi-enzyme supplement from the vitamin shoppe with every meal  and had noticeable relief  also drinking probiotic drinks and supplements 

• Posted

I looked into the enzyme supplement before, I will have to give it a try.

Thanks.

• Posted

Try taking gavascon advance after each meal and bed time this is what the consultant told me a long with lansoparazole and it worked for me .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.