Stomach growls loudly every night

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am trying to see if anyone has similar symptoms and can help me diagnose or pinpoint my problem. I think my doctor would just brush it off if I went, so maybe if anybody knows what this could be, it would be easier to check any other symptoms.

For about the past month now, my stomach has been growling excessively. Usually after I eat and sit down and mostly after dinner, but growls really loud and often. It doesn't hurt, but it just feels weird and bothers me a lot. 

My other symptoms don't seem related to this, but I've had acid reflux for a little more than a year with my symtoms only flaring up every now and then (not everyday like the stomach growling) and I don't take any medication or supplements daily/around the same time this started happening.

Does/has this happened to anyone? Should I be worried that it's the beginning symptom of something more serious?

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you started eating something different ? Are you eating too much of same thing ? Are you passing a lot of gas ? Or belching ?
    • Posted

Nope, I've been eating pretty much the same things!

I am passing a lot more gas and belching a lot more yes!

• Posted

Have your doctor check your sedimentary rate. It can indicate inflammation in the body. With your reflux issue you may have some inflammation in the rest of your digestive tract. Have you had a colonoscopy lately ? How old are you ?
    • Posted

Ah I see.. it has been about a month since these symptoms so I should go to the doctor.

I'm 22 years old and I haven't had a colonscopy, but I have had an endoscopy about 6 months ago and was diagnosed with esophagitis.

• Posted

Acid reflux and growling stomach could be related and may suggest a digestive problem.  Try keeping a food diary to check for intolerances.  If you have had these problems for a month, you should see your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Rachelk123 i have the same symptoms as you but i have excessive and extreme pain with a weight loss of now 13 kilos in 15 weeks, You should maybe think about drinking a small glass of milk about 30 minutes before you go to bed as i find that helps sometimes. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.