Stomach Infection left untreated for years....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently posted about having pains below my right rib/upper stomach....

After that post I returned to the doctors (after finishing my medication for stomach infection for a week)

I feel the doctors aren't taking my pain seriously. They told me I should still get pain after finishing the tablets, however I don't see how when the tablets are suppose to help?

However, they have now taken blood tests for problems with my liver, kidney or pancreas.

I had these pains for years (not knowing I had a stomach infection) so I'm wondering because I left it untreated for so long that it maybe has developed into something more serious? I am still getting blood in my toilet. If my blood tests come back negative then I am still going to be unhappy as I have no answer to where my pain is coming from.

I wondering if it would be worth while going to a hospital and asking for other tests/check ups?

Can I please have someones advice on this.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi Demi. Blood in your toilet is not good; so hopefully the docs can get you checked out. Some people have this pain and it doesn't get diagnosed... is it bright or dark in colour? That can assist in determining whether it is your bowel or higher up the 'chain'..

• Posted

It's a bright red colour. I hardly ever go to the toilet either. Maybe once a week if I'm lucky.

I've suffered from this pain since I was really young and I am now 20 with it. My stomach infection has been treated but still no difference in the pain. It will have me in tears some times to the point I have to leave work and even restaurants.

• Posted

Hi Demi, 

If you only go to the bathroom once a week you are probably impacted, constipated, so when you do go it is tearing causing you to bleed.  I think you need to do a good flush, you should be going to the bathroom at least once a day.

• Posted

Hi demi

I do not know if you are resident in UK but under the 'Patients Charter' for UK you are entitled to a second opinion. Ask your GP for a referral for an ultrasound scan

or colonoscopy. Tell him/her that you are entitled under the PCharter to a second opinion.....hope this helps...best wishes....

• Posted

Hi demi,

Look up 'UK Ptient Charterf or England and Wales.. and go well armed to your GP

with all the relevent info...best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Demi

hope you are feeling Ok'ish..

We do have blood loss from time to time; and inflammation is a concern; however firstly remember the docs are looking at it; so that is good.

Secondly ; the liver processes toxins and does a lot more (proteins and bloods etc).. so you can take MILK thistle which can restore cells in the liver.

The liver also can affect the gallbladder (they work in tandem) and hence if you promote liver health  you can also improve the gallbladder.

Tablets/ meds you have been taking (i assume) as a result of the pain; can also cause your liver to 'struggle'. Hence if you include anti-oxidants' in your food ; this can asist your liver whilst it 'repairs'.The liver also draws from teh bowels; and if it wasn't fucntioning well; may have needed to 'take' more from teh bowel'; meds can cause constipation.  If you eat thigns like red grapes ; this can asisst your liver AND your bowel. Drink coconut water or suchlike instead of caffeine or berries and cherries (cherries good) frmo Co-op, 

So 1. Milk Thistle.(liver repair)

2. Garlic (or turmeric) to reduce inflammation throughout the body.

3. Liquorice tablet to kill any bad bacteria ( H pylori)  and introduce a pro-biotic. Cranberries and oregano INHIBIT H pylori.

4. Vitamin tablet to get your daily needs.

you may also consider reading up on oregano oil; and how this can assist the body.

I hope this helps

* Feedback is appreciated as it would help to know if others have found this to be helpful.. smile

• Posted

forgot to metion; liver health vitamin tablet!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.