Stomach Issue!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well to start off, around december of 2016 i started to get diarrhea every morning.This continued into 2017 and later came shortness of breath in April of 2017.But In May while eating baked macaroni one night i suddenly started to feel the need to vomit then immediately started to feel dizzy,  then shortly after my heart started to pound and i also began to shiver these symptoms were beginning one after the other. This continued for months(especially the dizziness) slowly subsiding, but even today i still get sick sometimes where as some days i would be able to move around for weeks without feeling sick. Oh and also, when i eat certain foods like snacks my stomach makes a gassy noise and i get a little nauseated and recently had shortness of breath. I also tested for parasites and h.pylori but it came back negative. Am really tired of this. Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You need to push for more exams...blood works and maybe scans.

Tummy issues in my opinion are not given enough attention in certain hospitals.

Ask for more tests to be carried.

Go to the doctor with a list of questions and get answers.

• Posted

I did 2 sets of blood test and everything was ok...only had a lot of white blood cells

• Posted

I got the same results too. My white cells count was a little bit elevated. Which means your body is fighting some kind of infection/inflammation.

But it seems hard for the doctors to put their finger on it.

I am due for review in 2 weeks.

So more blood work.

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary and tried eliminating the foods that cause symptoms? Ate you exoeriencing diarrhoea after eating and do you experience abdominal pain that moves about?  Do you notice if stress triggers symptoms? Have you asked about IBS which can cause change of bowel habit, abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness and problems with certain foods?  Are you feeling shortness of breath after bouts of anxiety?  Anxiety can trigger IBS and makes existing IBS worse.

Keep gong back to your doctor for further tests and a definitive diagnosis.

• Posted

diarrhoea has stopped, stool is just soft now. Not much abdominal pain as before and i think anxiety/stress does have a part to play. This all started after my fathers death, and recently after thinking of him i got instantly sick for days with feelings to vomit and heart palpitations.
    • Posted

IBS can start after stressful events.  It could be IBS or a sudden reaction to stress that will clear up completely.  If it is IBS, it will be chronic.  See your doctor again.
    • Posted

Sure will, thanks. I can't think of anything else to try. i've tried becoplex, worm medicines etc

• Posted

Best to see your doctor since you’ve had tried a number of things without success.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.