Stomach issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

My girlfriend has been having serious pains for over 3 years now in her stomach. She has a past history of getting kidney stones but doesn't cause the pain she's going through. She's been to the doctors and hospital multiple times and they cannot find anything. She has had blood work done as well and had all major organ looked at as well such as spleen, appendix,. She also just had a colonoscopy done and they didn't find what would cause this pain. She is also a wrestler and but doesn't get too hurt when doing it that should cause this. The pain is so severe where she is crying and holding her stomach. She uses icy hot patches every day to help with the pain but is not helping at all. Is there anything that might be causing this since the hospital cannot figure out what is wrong. She has also had many MRI scans, disease blood work done, nothing with galbladder either and ultrasound done. Doctors at this point don't know what to do and really want to help her get this under control.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did she have the Gallbladder looked at? I had blood work done and even a exray of the stomach and gallstones didnt show till ultrasound. And if she is in that pain......

Take and push so a scan of the gallbladder is taken.

• Posted

yeah she's had that looked at and they said everything came back ok.
  • Posted

Sounds like she has a serious sensitivity to something she is eating or drinking, I had the same pain years ago, one doctor told me it was honeymoon systitis and another that it was all in my head, it turned out to be milk, ask her to try an elimination diet until she finds the cause
    • Posted

that's what I'm starting to think it is as well. She use to have a serious addiction to caffeine badly and would drink 10 5hr energy drinks a day. But she doesn't drink much caffeine drinks anymore now though.
  • Posted

Hi Keith,

It sounds as if your girlfriend may be suffering with a reaction to food such as gluten which is a disease known as coeliac disease. It would be a good idea for her to write down what she eats and drinks and see if she gets the pain when eating certain foods. She should do this as a process of elimination to rule out that the food she eats is not causing the pain.  Best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Keith,

Please let me know the location of the pain, if it is just above the umbilicus, retrosternal region, right or left side of the abdomen. Also let me know the nature of the pain; if it is associated with food intake and if your girlfriend had any other symptoms along with severe pain. You have mentioned about colonoscopy but nothing about endoscopic investigation of the stomach. Please let me know if your girlfriend had done gastroduodenoscopy. If she had not performed this investigation, please request her GP for this diagnostic procedure. It will definitely help to find if there is any cause related to the stomach and duodenum.

• Posted

Where in her tummy is the pain? Has she been given a gastroscope? Or tested for h pylori? Gastritis? Feel for her. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.