Stomach issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had severe pressure in upper abdomen for a few weeks. I also feel like I have a ball in the back of my throat. I have to cough after I eat, and have to eat often, in order not to get tgis horrible stomach pressure. Sometimes I itch after eating and get dizzy and pressure in my head. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi dolores07100

Have you been tested for a hiatus hernia. A friend of mine had your symptoms and was diagnosed with an hiatus hernia. Make an appointment with your GP and ask to be tested for it.  hope this helps dolores...best wishes...

• Posted

No, i had an ultrasound done last year when I had similar issues. Then it went áway, went to ER two weeks ago with the pressure and they did cardiac testing. Two dats after coming home I had worse symptoms. Maybe from the nitro glycerine. I sometimes take a pepcid, and helps a little. Most help  I get is by eating. 
    • Posted

Hi i would be interested to know wht it would be as i have the same problem i get pains in my shoulder blades too it feels like pressure like gas in my chest and wen i swallow feels like u swallow a ball in ur throat . Iv been to the drs and im on renetine how ever u spell it .. but it doesnt work so they have prescibed me omprazole but iv read on here people not liking it so im scared to take it ... it doesnt seem to improve with any food either. Sorry i can't help.
    • Posted

Also i only feel most relife wen im eatting...
    • Posted

I was prescribed prilosec but also readside effects and do mot take it. The worst part of it is when I get tge pressure in stomach ki d of wrenching I get dizzy and head rushes with it 
    • Posted

I have nit tried Gaviscon, I bought so e the other day, but not used it yet. Will try it, thanks 
    • Posted

I bought some Gaviscon, have not tried it. How do you use it and does it help
  • Posted

Hola Delores . I understand what you have written but, could you add more information as to your diagnosis??? Do you have gastroparesis? I am no a G I doctor but have many stomach issues that many doctors could no address. Thanks. : )
    • Posted

Hello. I do not know a diagnosis. Throat feels like lump and it hy scrat hy, pressure in stomach. Need to eat every few hours not to have this churning pressure in stomach. Cant take PPI. Have lupus and trued Pepcid ac, but makes me itch and cayses muscle pain
    • Posted

I have found % pure Aloe Juice to work better than my regular medications. It can be found at the Wal-Mart in the section that contains nausea medications. DE flavor es no that great but, it es no the worst either. I use to drink about a 1/2 cup three times per day. It addressed my stomach issues for about a year after healing. I kinda forgot about it until reading another post. I need to start back on that routine again.

I have been diagnosed as having gastroparesis, hiatal hernia, gastritis, narrowing of the esophagus, gallstones and duodenal ulcers. ... most likely stress related and the fact that I was taking a LOT of aspirin for terrible headaches. One thing affect another, I guess... -_-

• Posted

Thanks fir the info, i have some Aloe and also Manuka Honey. Will try those. Boy, you have a lot going on, I am so sorru, hope you get to feeling better,

• Posted

You are muy welcome my friend and I certainly pray that this helps you. Please let me know. : )
  • Posted

Sorry to hear all that tia . Have u tried the gaviscon ? Iv found cuttin out gluten sometimes helps.

When you eat smal regular meals wht do u eat ? I feel im lost on things 2 eat sad

thanks xxx

im at the drs on thursday cs gttin pains in my chest too.

Im only 24 surly i shouldnt worry about a heart attack ?!

I have manuka honey does that help ?

• Posted

I went to ER with pain in sternum and anxiety, did carduac workup all was fine, dr said low potassium and anxiety. I woukd nit have anxiety if I did not get those sudden pains or in this case pressure. Soent the night and released. Never did a workup on the stomach. Have appt with gastro on Thursday and GP today. Thry are trying to push anxiety meds as always. My msin problem now is in my throat. Stomach doi g somewhat better. I am tryi g the Manuka Hiney, will keep you posted. Been taking some Pepcid ac and eat smaller meals. 
    • Posted

They always push it to anxianxiety. " try not to think of it ect. " i think of it all th3 time cs the pain is always there !

I never use to be anxious but it does make u worried wen u have a ball in ur throat an pain in ur chest !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.