Stomach issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having a lot of stomach issues on and off for the past 5 years. This past week I went to the hospital in severe pain in my right abdominal area from below my ribs to the pelvic area and around into the back. My Ct scan showed nothing in the kidneys, an ultrasound cleared my gallbladder??? I am really frustrated with not figuring out what the issue could be. There must be something to be in that much pain to the point of vomitting. Right now it seems like anything I eat except toast immediately brings on stomach pains in the right side. My doctor tells me to wait until it flares up again to look at doing more testing. What else could this be?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

its hard to say but are you on any meds,I have the same pains and raised liver tests but 3 yrs ago was told an inflamed CECUM can feel like a swelling and or pain in the area you described,this would tie in with IBS or other stomach and bowel complaints,it can be eased with anti sposmadic meds and such,have you seen a colorectal doctor
  • Posted

Could be the gallbladder. I had an ultrasound, ct scan, x-rays and nothing was found in the gb. I ended up with jaundice and spent 2 days in hospital. Had a second US and they found sludge. My symptoms were so bad and having lost 9 kilos I had it removed. That was 4 weeks ago. I had none of the problems others had but I kept to a no fat diet and am now introducing fat into my diet. Ask for another US and if nothing shows up then ask for a hida scan to check if your gb is working at all. Hope you get it sorted soon.
  • Posted

To me it does sound like your gall bladder and gall stonesbecause your symptoms are the same as mine. After being admitted to hopsital several times and them sending me home with pain killers i said i am not leaving until something is done the consultant request i have an ultrasound scan when i went 4 the scan i told the person who was doing to please do a full check everywhere and look closely because i couldnt cope any longer. He did the scan and told me i had gall stones and sludge in my gall bladder as stupid as it sounds i was relieved i thought finally i have got an answer to what has been causing me so much pain however since having my gall bladder out last year im still suffering with regular flare ups and really struggling with food. You need to getting pestering your doctor until they do more tests dont give up because unless u keep at them they wont do anything. Ask for a ultrasound scan. I am currently waiting on a repeat mri scan. Really hope you get some answers soon
    • Posted

Thank you...everyone has told me to keep bothering the doctor until they find out. I went to the hospital Friday they did the ultrasound today (monday) I was frustrated they didn't do it when I was in extreme pain instead of 3 days later and taking morphine and anti nausea medication
    • Posted

You shouldnt have 2 keep on at them but unfortunately thats the only way you will get something done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.