Stomach issues

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was on candersartan for high BP and started having terrible stomach ache after a month or so to the extent I ended up at repeated dr appointments then eventually had a scan. Whilst all this was going on I was convinced it was the BP drug when I stopped it my stomach settled down. I am now on a low dose of 3 others and am having similar stomach ache issues again has anyone else ever had this please? or any ideas to dealing with it ? Thank you.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Amlodopine gave me acid reflux. I understand it is also used to relax the esophageal muscles as well as blood pressure control.

• Posted

I have happily never had any stomach problems from any BP meds.

• Posted

I hate taking these toxic stomach burning "medications". Obviously the drug companies don't care at all about our overall health. The stomach health is extremely important to health and well being. What good is lower blood pressure if you can't eat and are nauseated all the time. I wish they would make a law that FDA approval includes stomach safety.

I went through a number of cholesterol drugs before I gave up on them. My doctor is not happy with my numbers. Oh well. She can take them. I am going to start asking for only medications that can be delivered by a patch. Maybe I can handle sore skin better. I have heard that pills can be triple dipped in bakers glaze and then hopefully they will make it through the stomach intact.

I am currently improving my diet adding lots of vegetables and healthy smoothies. I have read that if you start juicing organic vegetables and go vegetarian that most of your health issue will resolve themselves. It's probably the bad fast food and pizza, cake, french fries, fried chicken, hamburgers etc. that is messing up most people. We are all low on vitamins and mineral and especially potassium. Kale and bananas are very healthy.

• Posted

i strongly agree life style is the primary cause of most health problems. I LOST 12kg, exercise regularly, eat most vegatables, no salt - i am now on 1mg candesartan. it is a placebo rather than a medication. my bp is on average is 118/78, heart rate 60 - 70. lifestyle is key!

• Posted

Thank you Stanley; The voice of experience proving that the human body wants to heal itself if we can just support it through nutrition and exercise.

• Posted

I suffer this problem. Take them with a substantial meal or maybe you could use omeprazole which did it for me but due to low potassium my GP will not let me use it, but gavascon works as well.

Good luck

• Posted

If you are on BP meds and want to lower cholesterol, try the DASH DIET. Designed by hypertension experts. It focuses on nutrition by limiting sodium input and raising potassium intake which for everyone should be a minimum of 4700 mg per day. The key is not to out-salt your drugs so you need to keep sodium intake to less than 1500 mg per day. The diet is also very good at supporting lipids. Ultimately it might no cure your high BP BUT it may well decrease your need for drugs.

• Posted

Thank you for all your comments and advice. Always seem to be trying to up exercise and lose weight but you are right it's a way forward. I hate taking medication and my body definitely doesn't like it bit I shall persevere x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.