stomach issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

for the past year or so, my stomachs been having a few issues

firstly, I have diarrhea very randomly. sometimes, it's not triggered by anything, and other times, it's caused by spicy food.

secondly, I've been having a lot of movement in my stomach region? both upper and lower quadrants would rumble randomly, even when I'm not hungry or gassy.

thirdly, I get bloated very easily. this causes me to burp a lot. it's really uncomfortable, especially in the upper quadrant region.

lastly, my stomach burns a lot. sometimes, after I eat, I burp and I can feel the stomach acid go up my throat.

I've been suspecting that it might be acid reflux, but this wouldn't explain the diarrhea. it also isn't severe to the point of me vomiting, so I have a few doubts.

in addition, last year, I had the habit of taking hcl acid tablets and drinking vinegar because I thought I had low stomach acid. my diarrhea problems began after I started doing this. could this have damaged my health permanently?

my stomach doesn't exactly hurt, but it feels stretched and uncomfortable most of the time. my gag reflex has also gotten a lot worse, sometimes just brushing my teeth would make me choke up bile. however, what's weird is that my stomach, despite feeling uncomfortable, wouldn't exactly hurt, even after not eating for three days straight.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds more like IBS to me which can cause diarrhoea, constipation or both. Acid reflux is common with it. I would have thought if you are getting heartburn, that means you have excess stomach acid. Avoid acidic, spicy foods especially vinegar. Try and over the counter antacids and milk instead which alkaline, It sounds like you may have reacted to the vinegar. rather than the antacids. Try a food diary to see if other foods are causing problems and see your doctor for diagnosis.

• Posted

I suspect that your gastric emptying may be a bit longer than usual. I have very similar problems. I did and endoscopy and they found some bile acid in my stomach - which caused severe nausea. I highly suggest you go to the doctor and do a gastroscopy - thats how you solve the stomach problems. As far as diarrhea goes - is it watery, is it like a slight diarrhea. How would you describe it?

• Posted

Hi , it may be a case of gastritis or pylori infection , havent you talked to your doctor about your condition ? I hope you feel better soon and recovery even sooner

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.