Stomach issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I am new to this page I am having some stomach issues which started in 2016 the issues are burning sensation either side of my gut just below my ribs aches lower back and just beneath my shoulder blade on my left side.

Bloating

Burping

Sometimes nausea

No vomiting

No diarrhoea

Had ultrasound

Endoscopy and a diagnosis of mild gastritis was given.

Had a colonoscopy a year ago year ago they've moved a polyp and I've had no issues up to now but now all the issues have flared up again.

In the past I've been prescribed ranitadine, Omeprazole and lansoprazole all of which made the symptoms worse.

So far the Dr's said gastritus then 6 months down the line they said IBS all I know is the issues are back and I'm struggling the Dr is now saying he's going to prescribe a different med not sure which one yet and to take gaviscon extra I'm reluctant to take meds and would prefer to find another way to handle my issues.

Would anybody be able to help please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

It sounds like as well as gastritis, you probably have IBS. The thing is with PPI tablets is they can make IBS symptoms bad and they can make it hard to absorb nutrients and as a result can lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies which often affect your stomach. Try esomeprazole but at the same time take a multi vitamin and mineral tablet every day and also try a kefir yoghurt drink every day. If you can't get hold of the kefir drink ask your doctor to try the antispasmodic tablet alverine. Alverine really helps the side effects PPI tablets can bring.

• Edited

Hi thank you for the advice I'm taking a probiotic and a high strength vitamins D supplement. I can get the kefir drink so will give it a shot.

Nexium did help a little.

I have a Dr's appointment next Monday so can discuss.

I do feel that scans are needed and endoscopy / colonosopy for a better grasp of what's going on however with the current situation not sure when they might happen.

Thank you once again.

• Edited

Because of the covid 19 risk, I think scopes are a long way off as the way the virus seems to spread is from either end and we need doctors to stay safe to cope with the crisis. I am glad you are taking vitamin d, another vitamin which affects the stomach is B12 so be sure to take that as well. I take both alongside a multivitamin and mineral tablet every day to be on the safe side. Definitely mention alverine to your doctor as it can help a lot of stomach problems including bloating. I wish you the best as I stomach problems can really affect your well being if left untreated. If you are in the UK, I would also recommend deflatine which helps bloating.

• Edited

If its gastritis or IBS then most the time either a medication or a certain food is whats causing the flareup. Find out what your trigger foods are. Do you ever during any flareup have diarrhea or constipation because IBS is usually associated with one of those?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.