Stomach Issues and No Idea What Is Wrong

Posted , 6 users are following.

The past few months i have been having a large amount of issues relating to my stomach, getting only progressively worse. I have waves of nausea, that don't go away for hours, and are only sometimes helped by drinking ginger tea and eating saltines. I've tried medicine after medicine, and nothing has helped. Pepcid relieved most of my symptoms for about two weeks, and then they came back worse than ever.

Occassionally, my nausea turns into terrible stomach aches that are so painful that I can't get up. I feel the need to deficate, but nothing comes out.

I also struggle with gas, constantly. Hiccuping and burping more frequently, and annoying half burps of gas attempting to come up my throat and not succeeding. In most cases this also leads to nausea.

I'm not able to lay on my stomach or flat on my back without feeling acid creep up my throat, and sitting up doesn't relieve any acid issues.

I experience nausea or pain after eating, no matter what it is: fruit, gluton free, low fat, high fat, etc. I do not have any food allergies.

My other symptoms include trouble swallowing, weight loss (2-3 pounds per week, not on any weightloss diet) and despite drinking tons of water, both my bowelmovements remain the same light brown.

I have been instructed to avoid anything with tomatoes, anything spicy, chocolate, mint, onions, garlic, fatty foods, and fried foods. I haven't had anything with the above listed since I was instructed to avoid them.

I received an abdominal ultrasound and upper GI and the results came back with nothing. My stomach has no ukcers or tumors or perforations of any kind, my organs are all normal size, and I do not have any gallstones. I apparently do not have acid reflux disease or any acid reflux issue whatsoever. Celiac disease is not a likely factor, either.I don't understand what is going on.

I'm 18 years old and have no record of any health problems, aside from lazy eye (which obviously is not related). Does anyone know what is happening, or have an idea?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sounds a lot like my symptoms. After a colonoscopy and endoscopy I was diagnosed with gastritis. I take Dexilant now once a day and that has help a lot. I also increased my fiber intake. I eat more foods high in fiber and I take a supplement everyday. That help bulk up the stools and makes them darker in color. Hope you get relief soon!
    • Posted

When I began having symptoms and first went to the doctor, that is what the doctors guessed I may have (yes, not diagnosed, they guessed) however nothing showed up during my tests. Is gastritis something that can only be found through an endoscopy?
  • Posted

Have you been tested for h pylori?
    • Posted

I have not been, due to there being no stomach ulcers present. The doctors never even mentioned it.
    • Posted

Ask for an h pylori test to rule it out.  This was one of the first tests I had which was negative. I didn’t have any ulcers either.  I was merely tested for h pylori to eliminate the possibility of this infection.  They had to test for quite a few things because they couldn’t tell me what was wrong at first.
    • Posted

I started having serious trouble with acid reflux, doc put me straight on nexium, now wants to test me for h pylori but need to come off all stomach tablets for two weeks, if I don’t take them for one day my stomach is on fire and I am constantly sick
    • Posted

That's a good idea. I will request that they test me for that then. Thanks!

• Posted

Speak to your doctor about this and ask if you can take milk instead to soothe your stomach.
  • Posted

Had you been onany stomach tablets or heartburn meds when you got the ultrasound done, if so the test for acid reflux could have come back negative
    • Posted

I was instructed to fast for eight hours and have no medications in my symptoms, so I stopped taking any medications three days prior.
  • Posted

Your problem may be due to the past unhealthy food habits or it would be any bacterial infection. Try to take lukewarm water in the morning with empty stomach. Take light food all the day and do yoga. These are the basic things that will help to reduce the further stomach issues until you get proper treatment. Try to consult with an experienced gastroenterologist only he or she can give you the right prescription for the treatments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.