Stomach issues fatty mucus stools

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, im 29 years old I’ve had problems with my stomach for 5 years since having my last baby, which has slowly gotten worse, i had a tricky birth, i had an infection after birth due to my son passing meconium in womb sometime before birth and I also had my placenta manually removed due to the placenta being stuck on the side of the womb (im unsure if this is cause of any of my stomach issues)

at first it wasnt to bad but now are just constant fatty yellow mucusy diarrhoea 8-9 a day comes on very suddenly and I have to run to the toilet , it’s not often I have an ok day. i also have this every morning before i even eaten anything

I also feel sick a lot especially after eating (sometimes actually sick), lower stomach and back pains like period pains, I tried different diets cutting things out it helped a bit but not much... I’ve also had tiredness, generally feeling unwell. On and off unexplained weight loss.

I always put this off as ibs, but it’s getting so bad I’m worried it’s something else. I dragged myself to the doctors they don’t think it’s ibs due to how long it’s been going on. They did a stool test - which showed slightly high calprotection , it was high but not extremely high. They text me to do another stool sample within 1 week, so I called the office to ask why. Which then they told me the reasons.

At this point I was in extreme flare up, (when I did the test I was in mild) so I asked for an appointment, they checked my blood pressure, pulse, temp and felt my stomach all ok. She said possible crohn disease, stomach issues also run in my family although most never bothered following up doctors for tests and just suffer in silence, one of my first cousins did and she was diagnosed with crohns disease. She took more bloods for me- and asked for another stool test ASAP.

the swcond, Stool test hasn’t come back but bloods have-

Following ok -

Liver and kidney function

Vitamins

Thyroid

CRP was 6 which I think is ok?

Only thing they found was -

Slightly high white blood count

Again no doctor has called me to tell me the results it’s just from the tests results receptionist. So she can’t tell me much.

We are just awaiting the second stool test,

I feel totally left in the dark with the GP, I’m guessing if they thought it was something serious they’d call me?

is there anything we are missing?

I’m worried if I’m boardline everything they won’t investigate more and put it down to IBS, I can’t carry on the way I have as it’s making me so poorly I’ve also lost 7 pounds in a short period!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.