Stomach issues for over 1 month

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys so over a month ago i started having pain in my lower abdomen which got worse along with alot of gas and loss of appetite went to a&e and after a couple of weeks they did a ultrasound and said it was normal but i am having gastiritus gave me omeperzole to take one a day, I am still feeling the same not so much pain now but i have no appetite at all and have a feeling like my stomach is on fire a lot of the time, Gp wants to test for h pylori so asked to stop and medication for a week and then give a stool sample for test and said waiting time for a endoscopy can be 4 months! I am at my wits end now and dont know what to do, I am loosing weight because i cant eat i have been looking to pay private for a endoscopy but no one seems to be doing them because of covid19 and i really dont know what to do now, any advice would be great

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, do u feel the pain after a meal? If yes, do u noticed normally after eating a certain food, u start to feel pain?

• Edited

hi thanks for the reply, i do notice it after eating especially if its something spicy but i have changed my diet so avoid all them foods and i notice it at night when trying to sleep as well, I have lost 10kg in a month now because i just dont want to eat, I did one of those home h pylori blood test kits from amazon today which gave me a negative result but i am not sure if it can be trusted, i have tried things like gaviscon but not with much help.

• Posted

Try Simethicone 125mg tablets for instant relief. Over the counter and inexpensive.

• Posted

hi so I am almost sure i must have some kind of stomach ulcer and am so worried and not sure what to do now. any advice would be so appreciated

• Posted

You must stop fried and spicy foods now. Your worrying is your downfall. Life is too short for this. You need to see someone to help you with your anxiety issues. Sounds like an ulcer to me. Buy aloe Vera gel and drink it before meal and after. This tends to help with burning in stomach. No soda or alcohol either. Your stomach is very raw and acidic. I find probiotics will help. Diet is key.

• Posted

covid makes everything hard - personally i would avoid hospitals at present . important for you to eat though as cant keep losing weight - try easily digestible stuff that isnt hard to eat - just to keep weight on. good luck. we are often worried now - do try breathing exercises and meditation - breathe in for 4, hold for 6 and breathe out for 8 - calming and help me with anxiety and insomnia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.