Stomach issues gastritis acid reflux

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can acid reflux and gastritis bad stomch cause anxiety anyone helpp!!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

pretty much anyoine with gerd has some sort of anxiety.... all those random pains and such, knowing acid is eating away at u... im normally chill af but acid reflux probs the first thing to give me axiety ever
    • Posted

Ok then yhats wat it is cause ive never experienced lanxiety till i got gerd and i stopped smoking cause the taste of it in my mouth will trigger my anxiety
  • Posted

Hi.

I have anxiety problems like you wouldn't believe ever since I developed a barking cough one year ago ( I just found out it was caused by reflux a few weeks ago). I should feel better now that I've started treatment and it will get better right? My anxiety from it is still through the roof. I tense up every time I eat because I'm so afraid of coughing because I'm so tired of it. So if I didn't have reflux problems would I have anxiety? No. you're not alone

• Posted

in my case, definitely sir. anxiety is almost the twin of acid reflux. from that i read, anxiety and stress makes the body produce more acid. as acid increases, the probability of hyperacidy and gend increases that may lead to esophagitis and/or gastritis. the feeling of these two ailments mimick many other sicknesses such as heart attack- or at times globus. at times the mind trick us into thinking somewhere in the line of cancer. since they mimick many other illness that the mind and body are not accustomed too, it results to anxiety. its a vicious cycle. talking about it with professionals help alot. ready the right stuff in the internet too helps alot. wrong literature, wrong advice can lead to further anxiety. that's my case. i hope this helps

• Posted

Hi,

I think it's a bit of the other way round, your anxiety is causing your stomach problems. Try sorting your anxiety and your stomach may start feeling a bit better.

• Posted

I quit smoking too because of acid reflux and symptoms!! I have been to er 6 times too thinking I was dying. Have had 7 ekgs blood work echocardiogram 6 xrays all fine but sometimes that pesky anxiety overwhelms sad

• Posted

It drives me crazy ive been too hospitals more then 25 times to be honest but i just cant get over it lol they told me pot controls anxiety but i used too smoke pot but the tadte in my mouth mess up my stomach and it triggers the anxiety 😓

• Posted

Have you tried vaping the pot? They sell them at smoke shops way easier and less harsh.
    • Posted

Bro i smoked like crip i disnt smoke regular but ever since i had such a bad trip that i got scare of smoking lmao of how bad my anxiety went lol
    • Posted

personally vaping made my gerd 10 times worse then smoking... my gerd actually started my freshman year because i played football and vaping didnt mess up my conditioning like the bong did, but tht was the start of reflux for me... when i finally realized what had been causeing my gerd i had been vaping for years by then d it was 2 late... smokes bad to tho but never caused me probs like vape
    • Posted

I know its hard but stop smoking. It aint worth it. Trust me i was married to the green, f her now.
  • Posted

Most definitely!!!! For me ppis made that anxiety worse. However it's difficult to tell what came first. I think stress caused my gerd as it started when I went back to work 3 yrs ago. I don't take any stomach meds as they don't help reflux. I manage it other ways but I do take 10mg lexapro. Which is anxiety drug. This has really helped Plus raising the head of bed with 2 bricks.

Have you eliminated all your trigger foods?

Regards

Dom

• Posted

I take protonix 40mg every morning for my stomach but i eat everything i dont avoid some type of food lol
    • Posted

How long have you been taking protonix 40mg? Are you no them for life or periodically?
    • Posted

is ther anyone who took PPi's for 3months to heal up severe esophagis damage, and got off them nd wer back to normal?? i feel like once ur on them for a couple months ur stomach never produced acid quit the same so im scared to take them...

• Posted

I was prescribed by my gastro to take 2 months regimen of dexilant 60mg once a day. Afterwhich I went back to the doctor to report on progress. It healed. After a year, I went back to Dexilant 2x per week for a month. My doctor said PPIs are safe even for those taking them for about a year on regular basis but some websites claim otherwise. Best to see the doctor, each body responds differently. What worked for me is a combination of meds and diet change.
    • Posted

so u dont feel any effects from the PPI? like now ur body doesnt create enough acid when ur off them?
    • Posted

On those 2 months that I am on daily PPI (dexilant 60mg) I did not have any side effect. I stopped taking PPI after that for 1 year (not even once) but I maintained a diet -fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, no spicy food, no soda or wine, no chocolates, no milk. That is when I lost around 12 kilos and I think that helped alot. After a year, i started experimenting on regulated acidic foods at first and after a few months after went full blast to uncontrolled diet thinking it am fully healed. Then GERD came back with LPR and I was back to 2 months of PPI on 2-3 times per week at 60mg per day based on doctors prescription. Now I am still on PPI but only when anticipating acidic food. I am now on 1 PPI per week and I am doing fine, so far. Diet, losing weight (I was 15KG over weight) helps cut down on PPI. I had 2 weeks constipation on and off at first when I stopped PPI but I wasnt able to ask the doctor if that was a side effect. My colonoscopy taken in that period was clear. I hope this helps.

• Posted

thank u appreciate the info... Also do you know if u have a hiatal hernia? Uve had an endoscopy right? I'm jus wondering why the LES doesnt keep the acid down, when u ween from ur diet.

• Posted

If your stomach doesnt produce enough acid having sea salt, kale, cabbage, dandelion root all can facilitate digestion and hcl production. But with gastritis u need to heal first cause the acid irritates the lining. Drink alot of water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.