Stomach issues.....sleeping problems...feeling weak

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All,

I apologize for the length of this but it has been a frustrating and long journey so far.

I've been battling a few issues since July of last year. I've noticed that I have extreme pressure in my abdomen after eating dinner. It does come around during lunch but to a lesser extent. This pressure sometimes doesn't relieve until after 12am. I also sometimes have heart palpitations during these episodes. I am most of the time unable to fall asleep if there is pressure and to make things worse, if I do fall asleep and wake up because of it, I'll be up for another 2 hours before I can fall asleep again.

On top of this I feel extremely weak/tired all of the time. Sometimes I feel like I am going to stumble but never have. I also get up between 4-5am and sometimes unable to get back to sleep. On occasion if I take a shot of alcohol I can get back to sleep. I am worried most of the week that I don't drive as I feel like my brain is a bit foggy and may not react quickly to a situation.

I visited a GI doctor in Sept. and had a biopsy done. I had a stomach which had an inflamed linin. I was prescribed the standard 2 antibiotics plus an acid reducer. After a few weeks went by with no change I called the doctor back up. He just mentioned to me that it will take months to heal.

In July of last year I also had a sleep study. I had issues with the device before going to bed. I believe this was factored in the sleep study when it shouldn't but even with it factored in I have been told it is very mild sleep apnea. I had a deviated septum so was thinking that getting that fixed would help with my tiredness. I also have a narrow passageway on my right side. I went in for surgery in November. I only found out a month later that the doctor isn't qualified to fix the narrow passageway and "thought" the surgery for the deviated septum would help. So now I have to go in again to fix the passageway.

I then went to an allergist to see if maybe something I was eating was causing this. The test only showed I was allergic to shellfish. The allergist suggested I go back and see another GI doctor. While I was waiting I tried to not eat diary for two week and then gluten with no change. This GI doctor was a bit more thorough. He wanted me to get a CAT scan, the test for H.Pylori, a stool sample and a blood test. I have to contact him back today but he did leave me a VM indicating that the CAT scan was ok and that I had small intestine bacteria overgrowth.

I'm really at a loss here, would this cause all of the symptoms I have been having? My sister had to have her gallbladder removed a while ago, could I be having these issues because of that? I know that it is sometimes difficult for me to breathe out of my one nostril but it isn't terribly bad. The surgery to fix that is more extensive and I want to have some assurance that it will help but no one can tell me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I should also have a Lyme test done just in case at least the tiredness is from that. Our work office is located near where there are a lot of dear roaming around. They even walk past our doors at times.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

HI. You don't mention your age, but, a lot of these symptoms may be peri/menopause symptoms. I had/have these, plus more, and have been told I'm in menopause. I actually went to the hospital when mine all started, and was diagnosed with Gerd and gallstones. Had gallbladder removed March 2nd, and still have the digestive problems (but not as bad), and the brain fog, plus a ton of other things....dizziness, weakness, lethargy, no appetite, back pain, hot and cold, pins and needles in extremities...the list goes on. I also had chest pains/pressure, had ekgs, heart monitor, and saw a cardiologist, had cardiac CTA, and said was normal. I'm still having weird chest feelings, but nothing like before. If you still feel like somethings not right, keep bugging your doctor. You know your body better than anyone. 
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply Debbie. I'm 38 and male, 6' 170lbs.. 
  • Posted

Oops, guess that's not it then! May be digestive related. I'm dealing with that too. Going to GI doctor next month. Keep us posted, and hope you find recovery quick!
  • Posted

Hi. I have struggled with same issues since beginning of the year. Went to ER three times. EKG, holter monitor, echocardiogram, bloodwork, catscan of head, chest xrays and refered to psychiater, my GP says it is anxiety. I keep having this pressure right below  ribcage, and fatigue along with head pressure. Tbe palpitations have stopped, but have pulsating heartbeat in  Ear. I am going to make an appt with gi doc. I had ultrasound done 18 months ago of stomach, and was ok.  I too am very frustrated.  
    • Posted

Yep I also have the heartbeat in my ear as well when I am in bed.

• Posted

I also had a holter monitor placed and the doctor couldn't explain when I went out running why my heartrate conitnued to be over 100 bpm for 1+ hours after running.
    • Posted

I too have the heartbeat in ear. Wakes me up, and keeps me from going back to sleep. 
  • Posted

I had key hole surgery to get my gall bladder out in 2012 and since then I have had more pain than I could imagine now it's fabriomyialgia diagnosed after that, then I took a stroke, my only advice is to keep

at your doctors, remember they work for you

• Posted

So I got a call from the GI. I don't have H. Pylori, but I asked what could be causing all of these things. He wants to wait and see me in 2 weeks with my scheduled appointment.

• Posted

hi..reading from debbie's..it might be related to digestion.... while you are still trying to figure out the ebst remedy.. have a constant digestive cleanse by eating fibers and have a gluten free diet.... I am so worried bout the "doctor not qualified"... my father died because of a misdiagnosis..but that's another story..anyway look for natural products with papaya, fennel, cardamom, and aloe ferox.. All the best!
  • Posted

Hi All,

I have a scheduled appointment with my GP tomorrow to discuss my issues. My mother had mentioned about Lyme disease for a while but most doctors were brusing it off. I am going to ask for the test to be done anyway just to rule it out. My uncle had this same issue where his GP didn't think he had it and sure enough it showed up on the test. 

I had a look at the list of symptoms for this and 21 items on the list I am experiencing. The unexplained shaking is one that caught my eye. At least once a week I have this issue where I wake up just as I am going to sleep and I wake up and I don't know if my body is actually shaking but my legs and arms feel like they are for around 10-15 seconds. After this happens I can't get back to bed for an hour or longer. 

I really hope they find this or something else soon. Will post my findings after the tests are done. I've had these issues for around 8 months now so if I do have it, this should show up in a test.

• Posted

Went to the GP last Thursday. He isn't sure what it could be but ordered the blood work for Lyme. I was researching it further and the symptoms that people have up there on Youtube are almost exactly what I am experiencing.

Only problem seems to be that the test is 55% effective. Not good odds and I will probably need to visit a Lyme Literate doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.