Stomach On Fire !

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, My stomach is on fire unbelievable burning pain... taking Carafate doesn't seem to help none of these antacids seem to help... anyone have this firing burning pain ?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Did you try Omeprazole 40mg ? This works for 24 hours to be repeated daily . That's a start but you also need to take for immediate relief calcium tablets like Tums or Rolaids , or for a few hours relief Tagamet or Zantac.

This is all assuming that your problem is related to overproduction of digestive acid.

If it's something else go to the Dr. tomorrow anyway

• Posted

By the way is this a 1 time event or you have been suffering for a while ?

If I eat fruit on an empty stomach I'll get an explosion of acid with excruciating pain ,I went to the ER twice for that....and then I learned..

• Posted

Hi, I've not felt right since gallbladder was removed as a matter of fact some of the same symptoms or different ones with severe burning... I've had an endoscopy and EUS a Cat Scan some gastritis and mild inflamation ... I eat very little...oatmeal, crackers some soup but that was not working yesterday... I go to Dr. on Fri. let's see what she says... Thank you for taken time to respond.

• Posted

A small percentage of patients with the gallbladder removed will have an erratic drip of bile that is too much for the lining of stomach/esophagus , it will cause pain and ulcers , I heard that there are products that help heal but I don't remember now , you can search for those.

• Posted

I woulld go to the dr, have an endoscopy, this will rule out an ulcer. Keep your meals small and bland, no spice, no fizzy drinks or coffee.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi, I had an Endoscopy and a EUS ... I barelyhave eaten anything I go to Dr. Fri. maybe she will have some suggestions. Thank you for taken time to respond.

• Posted

I would not trust a Dr as far as I could throw them, happy days

• Posted

hello am having the same issues too mines as calm down but mines so bad it radiates into my back and in my stomach, i have tried numerous of these acid pills that these doctors prescibe and they dont do nothing they maybe worked one time and that was it and i stop taking them because they gave me the runs, i was even taking tums and they would work temp then they wont work so i stop taking them, these things can make you have low acid problem too am getting a endonopy done if thats how its spelled but i found that eating alot of apple works and it has been working so far but not on a empty stomach all these doctors do is throw pills on people without trying to find out the root of the problem but ill advise you to get the scope down the throw done just to make sure of reasons why its happening have you ever got a H-PYLORI TEST done? thats where they check for stomach bacteria

• Posted

Hi, Yes mine also radiates into my back... I haven't eaten any fruit or vegetables for fear of the pain... I've had an endoscopy and a EUS I will ask about H-Pylori test I'm not sure if I had it done or not. Thank you for taken time to respond .

• Posted

I had that, nothing worked for me except Pantoprozole.

I took it for a few weeks and it finally calmed things down.

• Posted

Hi, Is that an antacid ? As I've taken several Carafate is suppose to be a trauma drug for the stomach... but it's not really helping ! Thank you for taken time to respond to me!

• Posted

No, it's a prescription medication.

"Pantoprazole is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux). It works by decreasing the amount of acid your stomach makes. This medication relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. It helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus, helps prevent ulcers, and may help prevent cancer of the esophagus. Pantoprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)."

WebMD

It worked really well for me. My burning was terrible and it went right up my esophagus. I am talking, bent over pain and I was convinced I had cancer.

I tried all sorts of antacids, Pepto bismal, Ranitidine, nothing helped.

I finally got a prescription of Pantoprazole from the doctor and to be honest, I didn't hold out much hope for it.

But I took it for 2 weeks and didn't notice much difference the first week.

But I kept on and finally the burning settled back down.

I don't get that burning any longer AS LONG AS, I stick to low fat food, no alcohol, and smaller portions at a time.

I literally started out with broth and crackers for the first few days and the medication, nothing else.

I slowly added in more food, mainly chicken breasts,(skinless, boneless). Vegetables, and rice.

It sounds boring, but I would rather have boring than that kind of pain.

And it's worked well.

You can eventually add more lower fat foods after a while.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Please update and let is know how you got on.

Good luck, crossing fingers for you.

• Posted

Do you suspect your gallblader is malfunctioning and leaking extra bile to burn your stomach ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.