Stomach pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been getting quite a bit of stomach pain lately.

I know i have a large kidney stone and am seeing a urologist next month.

Just wondering if the stomach pain is related to the kidney stone.

I don't find the GP surgery very helpful, it is extremely difficult to get an appointment, you have to got through the practice nurse, so don't really want to do that.

I  cannot really understand how stomach pain could be related to the kidney stone but I suppose it could be. Any ideas much appreciated.

Sarah

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

In my expeience, I've never had stomach pain before. My pain is always in my lower back. That's how i know I'm about to have an episode.

• Posted

Thanks for reply Elizabeth. Our experiences are so different aren't they?

Had another episode of really bad stomach pain at lunchtime today but it has eased off with morphine.

Again thank you so much for help and support.

Hope you are keeping well.

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi Sarah  Yes you can have stomach pain and pain in the lower groin.  If the stone is moving it can irritate the area

it is passing through. Drink cranberry juice mixed with lemon juice.  Try a heating pad.  If you develop a fever, or start to vomit go to your hospital.  The stone could be stuck, or an infection is starting.  Drink a lot of water and steer clear of any soda's, regular or diet.  Cut back on coffee and Tea until this is cleared up.  Best wishes to you.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for reply and support.

Had a really bad episode of stomach pain yesterday which came on quickly and completely out of the blue.

It did settle down after I took oramorph land went to bed with a hot water bottle.

A friend told me about lemon barley water last week so I am trying that.

Am really hoping and praying that when I see the consultant in October at Bristol he will decide to operate surgically to remove the large stone and will operate this year.

Thanks again.

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks again for help land support. My stomach pain has continued and I now have an appointment with a GP on Wednesday afternoon.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.