Stomach pain 2 weeks after binge drinking

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

2 weeks ago I went on a night out and drank wayyy too much. I ended up throwing up and blacking out and having my friends take me home. The next day I had a hangover, and then (stupidly) went out again the next evening. I didn't drink nearly as much as I did the night before, probably only had around 3-4 drinks so wasn't drunk. I then went to bed that evening and woke up around 4AM with an excruciating pain in the top of my abdomen, just below my ribcage. I couldnt lie on my back when it came on, and had to go onto my front and curl up in a ball to relieve the pain ever so slightly. This went on for the rest of the day and into the evening. The pain wasn't constant, it came in waves that became less frequent as time went on. 

The pain eventually subsided, howver its now two weeks later and im still having a dull ache at the top of my stomach. Again, the pain isnt constant and comes and goes maybe once or twice a day. I am also slightly bloated. I am really worried that I've caused some damage to my stomach so if anyone has any clue what could be wrong that would be a great help 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is purely speculation! If it on the right side just below your ribcage it's your liver. You put a lot of stress on your liver, which more than likely caused some inflammation of the liver. I've done this once! I stopped drinking for two months, until all the pain was completely gone. I ate really healthy and exercised almost everyday. Your liver is very resilient and normally heals itself very well. It does have its limits though. Just take care and leave the booze alone for a few months.

• Posted

This sounds like gastritis to me. It can be brought on by drinking, especially if you have no food on board or perhaps very little. I have had this and it isn't pleasant. Stay off the drink and get food on board and it will pass. Antacids will help in the short-term

• Posted

You have a mild pancreatitis attack. You are lucky you didn't end up one the ER. Take it way easy for a week. Take Ibuprofen 800 mg. Drink green tea and grape seed extract. You will feel better in a day or two. Take it from a binge drinker. With frequent attacks known as mild pancreas

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

Three nice replies that may be right, or may be wrong....

I'm going to suggest the route that you should have already been advised, which is that no-one here can diagnose you and with the best will in the world, the replies should have included the suggestion to book an appointment with your doctor and get this checked out properly.

You just received 3 replies giving 3 different answers. 

The ONLY person who can diagnose your condition, and offer treatment if any is required, is your doctor.  Please arrange an appointment to see him/her and get your mind put at rest, or your condition properly treated.

• Posted

My sentiments entirely

An appointment with your dr should be the first step

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.