Stomach pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

had stomach pain & burning, also diahorrea house. Got Bile Acid Malabsorption but worse at the moment. Ultra sound showed stone or something in spleen. What does this mean? Go for gastroscopy in few days but getting so fed up with this. Any advice please. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stones in the spleen isn't anything to worry about as it normally doesn't need any treatment have they given you a blood test to check for calcium levels as that is one that can cause stones n the liver spleen etc causing malabsorption they will check for ulcers etc in your stomach or excess acid which is causing your heart burn

Wait until you get your results from the endoscopy

And ask the doctors what it all means but don't worry about the spleen

• Posted

Thanks, I've not seen Dr yet. I don't have heartburn. This all started after I had emergency gall bladder removal 2 years ago, just getting fed up with it. Scared to eat. Then I'll have a "good" few days then back to square one. Thanks again.
    • Posted

Sorry it's the burning in your stomach that is also caused by over acidity

I wouldn't think it's connected with the removal of your gallbladder but yes see a go about any concerns

• Posted

Hi, it is still possible to have bam after gall bladder removal. i looked this up a few months ago for another fellow sufferer on here ( i suffer with bam & still have my gall bladder-no stones). are you on any meds for bam? i take questran (cholestyramine) sachets 2 at a time twice daily & it relieves my symptoms/controls it 90%.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.