Stomach pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does any else suffer from stomach pain /tenderness from acid reflux?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate

I have ongoing stomachs pains along with reflux but whether or not it is related I cannot be certain. I have had various tests for both but so far all results are negative which is obviously good but would be helpful to have some answers. Hope you have some improvement soon.

Robin

• Posted

Hi Robin, I think we may have chatted before, but Tks for your reply, it's only lately my Stomach pain and tenderness has started together with back pain mostly between my shoulder blades, I had Abdominal Ct Scan done last year along with Abdominal ultrasound three weeks ago also bloods and stool tests all came back clear, I've gone to three gp and one gi surgeon in past three weeks all say there's no point repeating endoscopy which was also done last year, yet they can't give me a reason for my pain, it's very scary when you feel something is wrong

• Posted

Hi, I’ve had this (with back and chest pain and fast heart rate after eating) for a couple of months. Endoscopy showed nothing but I know I have reflux. It’s very annoying as I can’t eat out. 
  • Posted

Hi I’m sorry for your pain and yes I’ve had gerd  for three years and had Nissen Fundoplication surgery a year ago June. I still have gerd. I was not able to have a tight wrap. I only had the 180. I had esophagitis grade D but that is all better but now have 7 ulcers in my stomach.  I’m still producing too much acid. I have so much tenderness and pain at times below my breast bone. I’ve had 7 endoscopies in the last few years. I’ve asked the Dr why I have so much pain and tenderness but they don’t really give me a very good answer. It feels bruised but I know a lot of my pain is my 7 ulcers.  It is so frustrating for sure. I wish I had answers for you but I’m going through a lot myself.  Best of luck to you and please take care. I mainly wanted to let you know you’re not alone.  Lorray 💕

• Posted

Hi lorray

Tks for your kind reply, OMG, 7 ulcers, that is horrendous, are you on a very bland diet? I have pain and tenderness too in my stomach, my last endoscopy was last year, I've been trying hard to have another one but the doctors fob me off, it would cost over a thousand euros to go privately. Are you still on ppi really hope your ulcers heal soon and you start to feel better, would you recommend surgery after your experience, Tks again, kate

• Posted

Yes I also have stomach pain and tenderness, and sometimes the feeling like having a stitch in my right side
    • Posted

Yes, it can be like a permanent stitch or like a small balloon is being pumped up just under right ribbon cage, are you on ppi
  • Posted

Hi Kate and thank you so much for reaching out to me. Yes I was shocked when I found out I had 7 ulcers and so soon after my surgery. I would still recommend the surgery because it helped clear up my esophitus. I was a Grade D. The Dr said there is no Grade F so I had it bad. I’m discouraged for sure with these ulcers as I still have the stomach pain. I’m trying to eat much more bland food as that does help. I never imagined I would have all these stomach problems and now the ulcers. I’m sorry you have had so much trouble too. What do you plan to do? I hope you can find the answers you are looking for and the help you need. This is no fun at all that’s for sure. Pleade keep in touch and let me know how you are. Take care, Lorray 
    • Posted

Yes lorray let's try keep in touch for sure, I'm going to try my best to not think about it too much until after Xmas as this is first year for a long time that all my family are coming to mine for Xmas day and I have been looking forward to it for ages, just wish I wasn't feeling so wretched especially with so much to do. I hope my GP will order endoscopy for me after Xmas and that it will be clear, maybe then I will be able to relax and heal a bit. I will stay on the omeprazole 20mg twice a day although I'm scared of being on them so long, I sincerely hope your stomach heals soon, have you tried slippery elm and aloe and liquorice, I take a probiotic and slippery elm each day, I'm hoping eventually they will help. I wish you well and a peaceful pain free Xmas, let me know how you go. Kate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.