stomach pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am a 52 year old male ive been having stomach pain for over 8 weeks the pain is around my belly button area and at times just under my breastbone going straight down the middle of my stomach and ialso have back ache at the top of my back I have seen my gp numerous times he sent me to a&e with suspect pancreatitus which wasn't I have had lots of blood tests all come back normal I have seen 2 gastro consultants and the pain is still there morning noon night and during the night I have been on lanzaprozole 2 a day buscapan up to 8 a day and 1 amytryptaline tablet at night all not working on Thursday I started itching all over my body and is still with me today sunday I am considering paying for an ultra sound / ct scan as I am worried out of my mind Im googling everything and I think I have got everything I am at my witts end is anyone else experiencing or has experienced the same thing please reply to me thank you  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am on all the same tabs as u but the doctor has increased my amatrip (spelt wrong ) to 3 a night instead this rash u have developed do u no what started it off and have u seen a dermatology department about itI have had the pain Also u r talking about I have been in and out of ozzy the only thing thy said was it was IBS as don't think thy no what it is but has taken me a long time to cone to thatdoes ur pain get helped if u go loo for number 2 at all if does. Sounds like u might have this

• Posted

Could be IBS if your bowel habits have changed and the pain improves temporarily after a bowel movement.  Does your pain move about?  Don’t google symptoms; it will cause anxiety.  Have more tests like the ultrasound and CT.
  • Posted

i go to the toilet normally between 3-4 times a day no problem my stools are normal the pain is still there after the motion no change I feel really tired no energy but all my bloods are fine I seem to have back pain too I think its because I hold my body in a position to try and help the stomach pain I'm self diagnosing myself with everything as well as the pain the itching I'm demented   

• Posted

Try a food diary to see if a food is causing itching and stomach pain.  Don’t self diagnose; see your doctor for that.
  • Posted

Hi brooksand

Itching all over is a sign of liver problems.....did you have a liver blood test when you had your bloods checked? If not ask for a check......

• Posted

Don’t scare yourself by googling. It won’t pertain to your individual situation. I would ask for an ultrasound or ct scan so you can have peace of mind and get the abdominal organs checked out. 

Do you have high blood pressure or smoke? 

• Posted

I meant to say insist on a ct scan to check organs and the aorta .  Aortic aneurysms cause severe pain also. Don’t want to scare you, just wasn’t sure if you were aware of that. It could also be other things but get the scans done soon to find out.

Hope you feel better soon and let us know how things went!  ??????😁

• Posted

I can't diagnose your problems and it could be a number of things, IBS for one, however you should take reassurance that blood tests have not found anything wrong. Sounds like you are having a lot of medication and sometimes these can cause itching as well as a side effect - or it could be unrelated. If you are anxious your senses will heighten feelings and make them seem worse than they are - I know because I've been through a similar thing, especially if you are googling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.