Stomach pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

In january my wife was in hospital for 2 nights and they said she has got gastritis she is on omoprezole. most of the time she is fine then all of a sudden she says that she is going to get the pain and it comes on quick and its Really bad and lasts for about 20-30 mins and it feels like she cant breath because the pain is so bad. Does that sound like gastritis. it doesnt really come on after food except from today when she had a bi t of pizza.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

She could have trapped gas. Try over the counter Simethicone anti-gas tablets.

• Edited

i would put my money down on helicobacter pylori....

ginger tea and relax...

and yes it sounds like gastritis..not eating is not helping... bland food in small portions ..often... is a must. empty stomach is no good...

chicken soup homemade is my personal best...

and try to relax and stay calm...it can take weeks to heal and recover....but everyone is different...

no alcohol and no smoking if possible....

ps: try gaviscon or if bot available bicarbonate sodium...disolved in water... the one you use in cooking..in small amount....will ease the pain...

let us know

take care

• Edited

well i was saying helycobacter pylori could be culprit....

small portions of food often...and relax..

yes it does sound like gastritis....it can take weeks to heal

• Posted

no smoking and no alcohol....and if oossible avoid wheat..aka bread and pasta..etc

• Edited

its getting her upset as shes worrying about it. dont know if its coincidence but if she burps when she has the pain it seems to ease it. she said its the worse pain she has ever had and shes had 5 children lol

• Edited

it could be gastritis. However, it could be a number of other things as well. I have had it and the only true way to confirm is to have an upper GI or ERCP. Also, mine was never as painful as my Pancreatitis and Gallbladder Attacks. Everyone is different though. Please keep us posted!

• Posted

what did you face in pancreatitis and gall bladder attacks? would you elaborate here or in a new post please... because your experiences can lead anyone in better way and also help them in taking cautions from those things/conditions which resulted in these diseases. Thank you

• Posted

Hello Shakeela,

I will detail my gi issues in another thread when I can sit down and take my time with it. I will let ya know where i put it. Thanks!

• Edited

It sounds like gastritis.

20-30 mins mean it probably happens when the food might be passing through the tract having the inflammation. If pain occurs almost at similar times every day for a set amount of time there are chances that it's stomach issue. It's because digestion process occurs as per time except at night.

Can be bacterial infection like Hpylori. Go for related test. Stay away from pizza, berger, bread, biscuits, alcohol and smoking.

• Edited

Hi Thomasjc

Your wife may need an ultrasound scan to have her gall bladder and abdomen checked. Try and keep a food diary of what she eats each day and see what foods and drink are causing the pain...

• Posted

she had a ultrasound on something and xray to make sure not an ulcer

• Edited

hello, your wife is experiencing gallbladder attacks. I went through them myself I would be fine then all of sudden I feel sharp pain like really bad has pains. Went to hospital. and told me gastritis and sent me home. After many times in er one smart doctor took a CT scan and found a lot of stones and sludge. I suffered so long on lost a lot of weight too. The best thing for her is a no fat diet. No fried foods or spicy. Sodas too. PIZZA's a big no no. Alcohol is very bad too. Buy organic Apple cider vinegar for her pain and attacks. A cup of warm water with 2 TB of acv. Mix and give it to her. Tell her just sips and she will feel better. Hope you find relief for her.

• Edited

she also had a ct scan and all good

sorry forgot that one

• Posted

yes gastritis can cause shortness of breath. i have gone through it. i didn't had pain but only severe shortness of breath like i was going to die, i couldn't eat i couldn't drink i couldn't sleep. doctor did my endoscopy and an inflammation in stomach was found. results suggested that it was pangastritis, a severe form of gastritis that affects whole stomach. due to pangastritis, i got sleep apnea; a condition in which breath stops when we go into sleep and we suddenly wake-up with a long deep breath to get breath regulated..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.