Stomach pain and diarrhoea

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I have been suffering with bouts of diarrhoea and stomach pain for about 5 weeks now, sometimes I am sick with it. It tends to happen after I have had something to eat. I am 50 years old and have had diabetes type 2 for 10 years and I take Trulicity(Dulaglutide)for this, which is a once a week injection, can anybody help?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ooh tough one  I'd see your doctor something else is going on despite your diabetes,  what sparked any it 5 weeks ago. 

• Posted

Keep a food diary and see if something is triggering it.  Keep an eye on the main ingredients like soy, wheat, milk, almond and fructose.  Consider getting tested for h-pylori via blood test and if you want, you could do a parasite cleanse.  In the meantime, keep up your fluid intake with clear fluids, stay away from any bad foods, start taking a multivitamin & a probiotic along with some pepto when needed. Don't be alarmed if your stools and/or tongue become black.  Perfectly normal when taking pepto. Do this until you find out what's causing your symptoms. 

• Posted

Try a food diary if your symptoms come on after you eat.  Maybe you have a food intolerance.  See your doctor as well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.