Stomach pain and nausea

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Looking for advice and shared experience. 

Some quick history first:

- I’ve had gastro issues for 6 years since H Pylori infection that took four attempts to eradicate.

- I suffer from IBS

- I also have a history of acid reflux

Two weeks ago I started having stomach pains for about half an hour a day. Like a gnawing nausea pain that quickly went away. I also noticed acid reflux. I started Omeprazole a week ago to be on the safe side.

Last Tuesday I had a night at the pub eating poor quality food and drinking over ten units. More than I normally do.

I woke up on Wednesday with stomach pain which I thought would go but it hasn’t. It got worse and at the weekend the pain got really sore with proper nausea that made me sick.

Out of hours nurse prescribed ranitidine without omeprazole. Felt it was stomach inflamation from acid. I had colonoscopy prep on the Sunday with fasting and a clear result on the Monday.

Last two days  have been extreme pain with nausea and some sickness. 

Does this sound like gastritis and if so is constant pain and nausea normal while it heals? If so how long for the acid blockers to work and healing to take place.

I’m understandably a bit concerned. I appreciate any input 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hig09200

Firstly, cut out the junk food and alcohol.

Secondly, if you want your stomach to heal be kind to it and eat a bland diet no spicey, fried or any acidic foods or fizzy drinks. Try gluten free, caffeine free biopot yogurt and probiotic capsules ....

• Posted

100% agree here.... cut out the junk and alcohol.... go easy on your stomach Chief.
  • Posted

Maybe check on gallbladder too? Where was the stomach pain at? Cutting out alcohol and slowly cutting out fatty foods should help.
  • Posted

Eat blandly and stay of junk food; cook from fresh.  You may have had an IBS flare up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.