Stomach Pain and Stool has changed (Image)

Posted , 5 users are following.

This past week and a half my bowel movements have changed dramatically. I used to have regular normal stool movements but recently things have changed and I'm quite scared. Alot of the time I'll feel like I have a trump trapped in my bum and I can't get rid of it. I had a wheat intolerance blood test on Wednesday and I'm yet to hear anything back so it won't be that. I have stomach cramps and weird stomach rumblings on the left and right side (where the top of the abdominals are located) and my poo has changed. There's no blood in my poo but I now have 2 different types of poo. There's the small bits of broken up poo and there's the new normal ribbon looking poo. Any help would be appreciated as I'm really scared as to what this could be. image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi nicki, uh oh or dear poor you! what do you mean your bowel has changed? Did you catch something like a bug before this? did you eat something dodgy? are you under no end of stress? what age are you and have you ever had this before? get to your doctor's, ask to see someone and write down all that is going on for your doctor to see! good luck, eat bland stuff until you get to the doctors. they should help you. let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I'm a 28 year old male who is slightly overweight and doesn't smoke and doesn't drink alcohol. Well I'm going to get lots of fibre down me I've asked my partner to go and pick me up some apples, Fibre bars, Fibre cereal and whole wheat bread. I have occasional stress but nothing serious

• Posted

how nick, 1st i want to apologize if I insulted you by putting my foot in it at all! secondly if it does turn out you have IBS then lots of fibre is not always recommended but if it helps until you find out what is wrong then why not? it might make your bowel loose, but it might help!

• Posted

Do go easy on the fibre. Start with a small amount and increase each day until you feel OK with it.. You may find you have explosive bowel movements otherwise. Dont be scared...this is probably easily sorted out.

• Posted

I've changed my diet to no fat or greasy foods.

Breakfast

Whole wheat toast and mackrel.

Lunch

Chicken breast

Cauliflower

Brocoli

Carrots

Sweetcorn

Meals for work (I work 12 hour shift)

Bran flakes

Natural yoghurt

Fibre snack bar.

More veg and chicken

Gallon of squash

I'm worried its going to be an issue with my colon as on some occasions I can feel a sharp pain in my upper abdominal area but I'm hoping I'm just over thinking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.