Stomach pain and sweating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. My son has just come home from work. He has had severe severe stomach pains all day and has been sweating a lot. He has been to the toilet earlier today which was normal but still has the pain and sweating. Anyone any ideas on what it could be and what medication he could take. Grateful for any replies.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen

It could be food poisoning it can cause sweating and severe tummy pains it can also cause basis and diarear but sometimes not depending which type keep him hydrated and get to a doctor if it's not better in a couple of days

• Posted

Hi maureen09477

Definitely sounds like food poisoning or stomach bug....does he have a temperature?..if so he could have a bacterial infection which needs attention..as it could lead to septicemia. I would get him to A & E for a blood test...or at least to see a medical professional......best wishes......

• Posted

Sounds like a bug or food poisioning if it came on suddenly.  If no better in a week, see your doctor.
  • Posted

Do you mean stomach location as organ stomach or for abdomen?

I would go to the doc or ER to rule out appendicitis if it was abdominal pain (not stomach in uppper left quadrant).

I would feel more relaxed if this pain was accompanied by diarrhea to think of food poisoning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.