Stomach pain and tenderness, can it be just Gastritis? Plz help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi!

I have been suffering from stomach pain and stomach tenderness since 7-8 months now. The pain is a very sore pain( doesn't wakeup from sleep).

I have lost quite a lot of weight since then, weight sometimes goes up if I eat desperately and then again goes down suddenly.

I had all kinds of test, endoscopy, ultrasound, ctscan, everything normal except endoscopy showed some antral gastritis and slight erosion. Tested negative for hpylori.

I have pain all the time, in my upper stomach, left and pit pf stomach. The stomach is so tender to touch that I have difficulty lifting my baby.

I am so anxious and depressed because of this. Life seems so cruel on me.

Has anybody else had stomach tenderness with gastritis?

This started when my baby was just 5 months old.

I was under too much stress and didn't eat timely even though I was nursing.

Reply will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The symptoms you are having are those of gastritis. It is a debilitating condition that takes months to heal. It can also cause IBS Symptoms too as the food you eat enters the intestines not properly digested and this causes constipation or diarreah and bloating.

You will need to eat strict for some time and take acid reducing medication if the acid burn is bad. It is curable, but takes time and you have to eat well.

Google gastritis diet and stick

To it. Start a food diary and eliminate foods that irritate you. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Paul!

I agree with you, but I am afraid of the stomach tenderness I have, i dont have burning sensation at all, its just sore stomach pain and the entire stomach and small intestine is sore to touch i.e their is tenderness. My stomach hurts all day, it is common with Gastritis? I am afraid if it might be something else.

• Posted

Hello I'm in a similar situation... I have been having discomfort and tenderness in the stomach for a few months now. The worst part is the shortness of breath which I'm not sure if due to the stomach or anxiety. Ultrasound was normal. However endoscopy showed oesophagitis and erosive gastritis. I'm waiting on biopsy and although doc said not to worry I'm losing my mind

• Posted

Hello,

I'm dealing with the same thing. It's absolutely excruciating. My stomach soreness seems to have gotten worse after the endoscopy/biopsies (negative for the bacteria). I was found to have a little gastritis on the antrum part of my stomach. The doctor acted like mine shouldn't be symptomatic, but this pain is horrific.

Are you still in pain? How are you doing now? Would love any advice as life has been so hard especially with a 3 year old and 10 month old. I'm on a ppi, h2 blocker, strict diet, etc.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hello, I've been suffering from stomach pain about 3 years. But it's not regular. Sometimes I feel pain in my stomach after having spicy dinner or smth like that, but sometimes it looks like pain appears from nothing... I've had some test in my medical clinic, but they say there is nothing to worry about. I think, that maybe stress level could causes my stomach pain? Is that possible? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.