stomach pain, diarrhea and nausea after eating. what could it be?

Posted , 7 users are following.

For about a couple days now i have been feeling nausious, stomach pain, and diarreah. I did have sex last thursday. I dont think its that but im just asking and trying to make sure. my stomach hurts on the left side near the hip and then it kinda spreads to the middle. could i be pregnant? or could it be somthing else? what are some of the early signs of pregnancy? it would help me alot if someone could descibe what they think it is. Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It takes 5-7 days (some say even longer) for a fertilised egg to even reach the uterus, before settling in, nidate. Before nidation is NO pregnacny (hcg) measurable hormonally even in blood, no nausea, there is nothing, that expands in the uterus or could cause a little bleed/pain physically.

There is no way that you can tell now,

no test can, if you conceived or not that last Thursday+. In a week time, yes, now today Monday, no.

Also at the point of sex it is not said, that an egg cell got fertilised,....

y-chromosome sperms are fast but don't live as long, x-chromoson carrying sperms are slower, but can wait for up to 3 days (some say 5) for ovulation right up there in the tube.

What I want to say is: that you can have sex now, but the conception could be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or even later....which is important for pregnancy testing, avoiding false negative results. 

Sperms need about 6hours to get up there, which is incredibly fast and about the time frame, an egg cell stays fertile after ovulation (12-24 hours). If you plan a pregnancy, be always active prior the ovulation therefore and on the ovulation day.  

Why is it important? When to do a pregnancy test.

You might think, I had sex on Thursday, so after 10days latest any blood or sensitive urine test (and they do work very well on concentrated morning urine) should work. Yes, in theory, but no, not if the ovulation was e.g. 3 days after sex.

It's rather something else, that causes abdominal discomfort or nausea now than a fertilised egg travelling in the tube down to the uterus currently from a Thursday+ conception.  BUT, BUT, BUT

BUT who knows if there was not a conception prior Thursday and a nidation already existing??? ;-) Yes, then it could be that.

Just get a urine test and re-test in a good week.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Give it a week to see if the symptoms disappear.  If they don't, go to the doctor and ask about IBS which can cause the symptoms you are describing.
  • Posted

I don't think it's anything to do with the sex, however it could just be a viral infection, if it last much longer though then go to doctor.
  • Posted

Based on the symptoms you described you may suffer from inflammation in your gut. This can be caused by eating the wrong types of foods. Exam your diet. Do you eat fresh, whole foods or do you eat fast food and processed foods. Our bodies are not designed to digest processed foods. Gluten can be found in wheat rye and barley. Even consuming a tiny amount of gluten can cause extreme inflammation in the gut and leads to a number of diseases from overconsumption. I suffered from severe stomach pain and other digestive complaints until I went on a gluten-free diet. Anytime I consumed gluten, uncomfortable symptoms would return: bloating, diarrhea, constipation, fatigue, brain fog, arthritic pain, and headaches. Cooking at home is the best way to care for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.