Stomach pain, gassy and strange stools for 7 weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

**Hi everyone,

About 7 weeks/ just over one month ago, I woke up one day with extreme sharp pain and a gassy feeling in the left side of my lower abdomen and had diarrhoea. I thought this was a one off and continued to eat as normal throughout the day. However, I kept going to the toilet and still had diarrhoea and stomach pain for 3 days after that. I had been going to the toilet 8/9 times and I did not feel relieved after each bowel movement. The pain also travelled to the right side for a bit and my stomach felt hard. I could hear a lot of gurgling in my stomach and feel a sort of bubbling sensation in my lower abdomen too.

I went to the doctors and they told me it sounded like a gastroenteritis infection and I completed a stool sample test which was clear and didn't show anything.

A week and a half after this, the pain was still there and my stool was becoming mushy and mucus became present as weeks went by.

Every morning I still wake up feeling extremely gassy with bubbling and pain in my lower left side and have to go to the toilet immediately. I get occasional heartburn and my stomach feels very acidic at times. My stool still changes in consistency all the time and it hasn't been normal for weeks, although I do not have diarrhoea anymore. I do try to watch what I eat and don't have anything spicy. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before or what it could be? Been to the doctors about 8 times in total and had no answers. I haven't had any issues with my stomach or bowels in the past, this has all appeared very suddenly. I have read up on post-infectious IBS and gastritis too, any ideas?? Feeling quite fed up with this now 😦

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also- the pain can also reach my sides and my back too

• Posted

I've also found that recently my stool floats a lot too which I found could be a sign of malabsorption?

• Posted

omfg i have the same exact thing, i actually woke up from the pain being sedated from ambien, had a few bad diarrhea, and my stomach has been making insane noises ever since with area around the belly button( mostly below) pain, started in late june with pulling, then pain everyday, switching to joints, if i remember correctly last year summer too, maybe some mystery stomach virus/infection that's destroying my gut nerves???

• Posted

do you have constipation? here's the weird part, stool might looks normal at late night or morning, but when i get constipated around afternoon-2pm, the stool changes to something real weird. loose stool that falls apart or one little deformed piece with a sharp lil thing mixed color

• Posted

Yep I get constipated too and my stool is exactly the same as what you're describing when I'm constipated. It's very weird I could go to the toilet easily in the morning and then have constipation hours later. So strange.

• Posted

i messaged you to see if you have skype or any messenger, let's figure out this together since our symptoms are very similiar. oh yea i took antibiotics and ppi, nothing's working omg!!!

i had constipation before, but didn't hurt or no crazy noise even when i don't go for entire 1-2 days.

• Posted

was recently given antispasmodics for IBS and I found this didn't help me either infact if anything it made it worse 😕

• Posted

Sounds like IBS. I went to my doctor eight times too and had no diagnosis for three and half months. On the eighth attempt I got diagnosed with IBS after lots of negative tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.