Stomach pain....Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So basically ive had this wierd stomach pain. Its not constant, it comes and goes. But when it comes it literally feels like someone is punching me in the gut( upper abdominal pain). I cant think of anything that triggers it in particular. Its sometimes worse when moving and lying on my side. Its been 4 days. I have been prescribed omeprazole and its seemed to reduce the intensity of the pain when it comes but still there. Id really like peoples opinions, ive had my gallbladder removed in 2017.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This sounds like Gastritis. You need to see a doctor for a true diagnosis. When I get the Gastritis flare up, and I am having one now for past 7 days it does feel like somebody punched me in the stomach. IT comes and goes, and also lots of gas with some nausea. Sometimes eating makes me feel better, and other times I have to avoid the food. I have found if I lay on my left side when I go to sleep that it helps. Problem I have is that its hard to lay on my left due to a bad hip and spine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.