Stomach pain in the morning after Metamucil

Posted , 3 users are following.

almost every morning i have a build up of gas due to taking Metamucil before bed. 

it goes away as soon as i pass it. 

is this normal? and should i be taking Meta/fiber supplement in the morning instead?

thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stop taking Metamucil since you are reacting to it and try natural laxatives instead such as oranges, grapes or prune juice.
    • Posted

but it works excellently otherwise. 

i have the best/biggest BM with them and it's the only time i feel completely "empty". 

the natural methods just don't work well for me. maybe it's the fake sugar in the one i'm taking?

• Posted

A lot of these preparations have fake sugar in them to make them taste better. Check the ingredients to see what artifical sweentner is in it.  Common culprits are saccharin, sucrose, sorbitol and aspartame. Ask your doctor if there is something else you could try instead that works just as well but doesn't have any artificial sugar in it.

• Posted

yeah its normal to have gas in the morning that can cause fullness and pain. Good idea to take metamucil in morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.