Stomach pain nausea help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a laceration on my hand and was given celflex in a drip bad in the hospital they gave me a pills to take as well 4 a day for 7 days. and then had surgery 10 days later they gave it to me in a drop bag as well and then had another dose to take about 2 weeks ago and that was 4 a day and for 7 days.

I have been getting severe stomach pains, nausea weakness and severe migraines. The stomach pain is so bad sometimes and nausea it's hard to do anything. I notice it sometimes is worse after I eat as well.

The migraines are crippling can't function at all.

Any help with this or info would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps you are intolerant to the medication.  Try coming off it and see if you feel better.  If this is a painkiller you were given, try an over the counter one instead because they are milder and less toxic.  You could also see your doctor and ask for something else.
  • Posted

The medicine was antibiotics for to a infection. They gave it to me a lot from my laceration. I had 4 tendons 2 nerves and a palmar digital artery completely severed. I find the stomach pains ease up if I take a tramidol for my hand
    • Posted

Sometimes antibiotics and infections can irritate your stomach and lead to IBS.  Take probiotics or yoghurts to make sure the antibiotics haven't undermined the good bacteria in your gut.  Also tell your doctor about these reactions.

By the way what did you do to get so badly injured?  I have nerve injuries in both arms which have left them very painful and I don't have the same power and mobility in them as I used to.  The slightest exertion sets the injury off.  I gave my elbow in one arm a very bad bang when I fell on it over twenty years ago and a nurse botched a blood test in the other arm two years ago and it is constantly sore to touch and move.

• Posted

I will tell my doctor in the morning. I have a follow up visit with him.

Long story short I had a piece of glass in my hand. It wouldn't of been so bad if I just pulled it out, but someone decided to try to hit me with a cane and I caught it with the hand that has the glad in it and our shoved the glass thru my hand. The cane broke as well.

I went to one hospital and they basically kicked me out. The only way for it to stop bleeding was with a tourniquet. They didn't find the cause of the bleeding and wouldn't do surgery. So I went somewhere else.

I had 2 ivs on my way to each hospital. the first ambulance blew one vain out and then got it. The second ambulance did the same. But lucky I don't have any problems as of right now.

• Posted

Not yet, just came back from the doctors. He said the way he had to repair my tendons are stuck together and are covered in scar tissue. He told me that we will try physical therapy for two months and if I still am unable to bend my fingers that he will need to go back in and release them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.