Stomach pains.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help. I get stomach pains sometimes after eating. I seem to be affected by flour products, particularly but not exclusively white bread. I get a pebbledash like surface inside my mouth and then I get really strong pain like very bad indigestion in the area of my ribcage at the bottom of my braline. I get feeling shivery and feeling unwell. I burp as though I am going to be sick. The pain will usually last for up to 8 hours and doesn't move. I can then get wind and flatulence but not always. Today i had a toasted sandwich made with granary bread with a slice of ham and cheese in it at about 11am. I started feeling the pain by about 2pm. It is now 9.30pm and the pain is still in my rib area and is really painful. Any theories? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi barmstrong, first let me start by saying get rid of the pork...stay away from wheat and diary products, as they will cause gas and bloating and use probiotics along with a digestive enzyme. You can also drink pepermint tea to calm your stomach
  • Posted

I agree with sexy simba, but will add cut out all dairy and fruit and eat plenty of green veg but go easy on the peas
  • Posted

Hi Barmstrong,

This sounds as if you have a wheat intolerence or gluten intolerence. Stay away from products containing both. Buy gluten free and wheat free foods. There is a section in Tesco supermarkets containing all gluten free and wheat free products.

You may have Coeliac disease..intolerance to gluten. Look it up on the net.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

I still get symptoms when I eat gluten free foods so I think it must be something else! Its all very confusing.Thanks for your advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.