Stomach pains and cramping

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I think may suffer with IBS, as have symptoms of that, but recently I have been getting really much more bloated, really bad pain along the belly button and left hand side.

With Coeliac Disease can it suddenly come on or is it often with you years before realizing.

Can the GP do a test, rather than me going out and buying a load of Gutten free food?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi nesty,ibs is very different from coeliac disease. ibs will cause the sort of problems you are describing, coeliac disease is something else. if you get pain after eating wheat, mouth ulcers, pain like you describe but after eating particular things, sickness, diarrhoea, bloating etc, it could be ibs. ibs is a set of symptoms that feels very real but coeliac disease is autoimmune and has to be detected by bloods at the doctors and possibly a camera and biopsies. coeliac disease means rye, wheat and barley free for life! ibs is treatable but can flare and go down again. if everything has altered though definitely see your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Sam

Many thanks for the informative message, reading what you put, I'd say more like ibs. I had some apple juice yesterday, (don't normally drink it), but gave me crippling pain.

• Edited

hi nesty, that will do it! i can't have apple juice as i have gastritis. try something alkali like a little milk or yogurt, you nay have gastritis, do you get this every time you have anything acidy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.