Stomach pains and fatigue. What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I'm extremly concerned about my mom who has been suffering from stomach pains since I was little.

I have asked her several times about the exact details about the probable patterns she might have noticed that lead to these pains but she never tells me in complete details ever.

Anyways what I have gathered from talking to her on several occassions is mentioned below:

1. If she drinks lots of tea or consume food that are warm in nature, she gets stomach pains. 

2. When her stomach is empty, she has stomach pains.

3. When she wakes up in the morning, she usually is tired.

4. She often has trouble breathing (I can relate to this because last year I had gasteric problem and I couldn't breath easily because of the issues however thankfully my issue has resolved for good)

5. She is usually tired.

6. She doesn't have much strength in her legs (Important info: She climbs stairs in our house like hundereds of times for doing house work)

She hasn't told me anything else. I don't know what else or what kind of specific questions should I ask her to better analyse her problem.

I'm planning to take her to a doctor soon however since most of the doctors in my country and city are quacks, I want to do my research before hand to be sure of the diagnosis by the doctor.

1. What can be the cause of these stomach pains and other related problems mentioned above?

2. What specific questions should I ask her to gather more information?

3. Has anyone of you suffered from these issues?

I'm worried sick about her, so please share your valuable insights based on your experiences.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

She drinks BLACK tea.

• Posted

Hi umers

You haven't mentioned your mothers age or anything else about her ..such as her eating habits...are her bowels ok..does she get nauseus..does she eat regularly does she only drink black tea...does she smoke or drink alcohol..some further info would help..

• Posted

@Lilian05079 Thanks for pointing that out. She only drinks Black tea. She doesn't smoke or drink alcohol. I'm not sure if she feels nausea or if her bowls are Ok, I'd have to ask but as far as I remember, she doesn't have constipation. She eats usually 3 times a day. Mostly organic wheat bread, curry and sometimes rice are consumed. The meals are moderately spiced up as they have been since I was young. She is around 42 years old.

• Posted

Hi umers

Perhaps your mum is wheat intolerant which can cause digestion problems and pain...do the stomach pains occur everyday?.....if she is tired after sleeping all night she may be anaemic and need iron and this could be the problem with her weak legs....i think perhaps your mum should visit her doctor and get some bloodwork done have a full blood count to check for iron deficiency, and also request B12 blood test because it sounds as if she does not eat dairy foods such as eggs, cheese, yogurt or drink milk which contain B12 which is essential for energy and well being... and also check if she has a wheat intolerance......best wishes....

• Posted

Hi umers

Happy to help umers...please keep me posted on results....you are a very caring and loving daughter...my very best wishes to you and your mum x....

• Posted

I'll lilian. Thanks for the kind words. I'm her son though smile

• Posted

Hi umers

Oh i'm soooo sorry...you are a very loving and caring SON to your mum!!....i hope all goes well for both of you..don't forget keep us posted.....my very best thoughts and wishes to you both.....x

• Posted

Hi Lililan. My mom went to see the doctor today. Although her stomach pains are no longer bothering her (I'm still planning to take her to the hospital in a few weeks for tests), the doctor told her that she has weekness and prescribed a few vitamin tablets and neurobion injections for strength. Let's see how it goes. 

• Posted

Hi umers

That's good your mum has seen the doc and he has given her meds to improve her condition..Let's hope when she goes to the hospital that they will do a complete blood count to check for anaemia and B12 and vit D......best wishes umers...hope the meds work for your mum.....keep us posted..x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.