Stomach pains below sternum for two months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with h pylori and was eradicated shortly after treatment confirmed two stool tests this was in June since then I have had a constant pain that comes and goes in my stomach everyday about two inches below the sternum a deep dull pain makes me nauseous and sometimes have migraines sometimes better when I eat sometimes not I'm clueless I have had blood panels done ct done on abdomen and pelvic region ultra sound of gall bladder hida of gallbladder fraction discharge of 42% no signs of ulcers from my May endoscopy and colonoscopy slight stomach inflammation probably due to h pylori at the time but I'm clueless and need help this pain won't subside its constant and sometimes radiates up my left chest behind nipple area but mainly stomach I'm 26 years old male athletic and physically fit also have fatigue and minor weight loss 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey branden, h pylori can cause irritation which may take a few months to heal, even after the bacteria is eliminated from your system. Also, are you taking any antacids like zantac or a PPI like prilosec? Sounds like your esophagus may be irritated as well if the pain is up into your chest. How long did you have the h pylori and was it causing you any heartburn or stomach pain/spasms?

• Posted

I didn't know I had the h pylori until after my endoscopy biopsy results which was around June 10 I've taken four different kinds of acid reflux medicine omeparazole  protonix  ranitidine and one other made me dizzy and nauseated never had heartburn or stomach pains before all of this like I said the pain is mainly in my stomach below the sternum and it's constant all the time sometimes worse when I eat and it radiates up left chest sharp pain all the way up left chest to the nipple area 
    • Posted

Have you been checked for an ulcer? You did have h pylori so it's a possibility. Pain in the area you are describing are symptoms.
  • Posted

You guys ever do any research and see what H2 to PPi's due to you long term and what they can cause best to change your diet, stop drinking alcohol and stop eating sugar unless you're severe gastric regurge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.