Stomach please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I’m 22 years old and about a month ago I started experiencing stomach pains on my left side and pelvic area I went to the doctor and gave me anti inflammatory medics and diagnosed it as a muscle strain he said after a week my symptoms should go away I’ve taken the medication for 3 weeks now and the pain in my pelvic area has dismissed but I’m still tender on my left side it doesn’t bother me much just annoying and curious of what it is I’ve had a slight increase in bowel movements i used to go 1 time every other day now I go 2 to 3 times a day and mostly right after my meals I do not have blood in my stool and it’s normally hard or I guess like how tooth paste is I tend to have more gas and I have heartburn every night  now sometimes I feel nauseous but I have yet to throw up I don’t run a fever my left side just feels stiff and it is tender when I press in on my left side it doesn’t hurt  it’s just uncomfortable I have not changed my diet I’m just wondering if someone can give me an insight of what’s going on

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Start yourself low -fat diet. See if you feel better. You must cut out laxative type fruit. "Prunes". You need fiber in your diet. Believe me when I ate fiber at every meal my digestion has been great. Give it a try. You might benefit.

• Posted

It might be IBS if your pain shifts about your abdomen.  See your doctor to confirm.  
    • Posted

It does from time to time, but I mostly feel it on the left. Thank you for your input, much appreciated!
    • Posted

IBS pain can also focus on the left side.  I have IBS pain just now and it is on my left but it has been moving about.
    • Posted

Huh, have you been able to figure out how to calm it? Or what triggers it, some days are worse than others for me. I just can’t seem to figure out how to completely subdue it. It’s something I can live with, it’s just honestly annoying. I was hoping I could go back to feeling normal...
    • Posted

I take Buscopan which is an antispasmodic or Nurofen.  Mine is entirely stress related.  I have been feeling a bit stressed of late and my stomach has been flaring up in response to it.  Everyone’s  trigger tends to vary but stress and anxiety does play a huge part in it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.