Stomach problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had problems now for about 5 years. It first started with being tested positive for h pylori. I was given double course anti-biotics but everytime it would return. After a few years and countless prescriptions I decided to do my own research as I was convinced the antibiotics were doing more harm than good. I found out liquorice root killed the infection with a tablet called Carnosoothe. I kept taking my Omeprazole and yoghurt drinks but still the inflammation was really bad. I cut out spicy foods and tried a blander diet especially not eating near bed time. I like my alcohol which is obviously the worst thing for it so I've cut it right down. I had endoscopy and stool sample done recently and it came back negative. Unfortunately I still feel awful and sleeping is a struggle. I sleep more upright than ever but I only ever get an hour or so without waking and when I do sleep it's from utter exhaustion. I have pain in upper/lower stomach, oesophagus, sore throat, bad breath, fatigue,nausea, sore heads etc. It really is depressing and wish I could get over this somehow. It's taken a toll on my relationship as I'm constantly complaining and miserable never mind the worry if it's something more serious. I have a stomach scan next week and hope I can get some help and possibly help others on here. If anyone has any ideas to help please do it would be more than grateful.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

What was results of your endoscopy, also what strength omeprazole are you on, have you tried daily probiotics

• Posted

Hi I'm on 30 mg twice a day plus currently taking buscopan too. My Endoscopy showed I had inflammation and hiatus hernia which I think is a big part of the problem. My yoghurt drinks contain L.Casei culture which helps a bit bit overall I'm really struggling. I'm not sure what daily probiotics to go for and have tried countless things Mastika gum, apple cider vinegar etc. My worst symptoms at the moment are obviously stomach pain/discomfort, tightness of chest, short of breath, phlegm in throat( mostly all of the time but esp after eating). The worst part is the lack of sleep, constant nausea and sore heads. I have Ultrasound scan next Friday but really unsure if anything will change. Would just like to live a normal life again!

Thanks for messaging back.

• Posted

Hi

My endoscopies of which I've had 3 showed same as you, the only time I felt good in last year and half was when I lost 10 pounds weight. I too was normal again and came off my ppi and was fine for couple of months but big mistake, it came back with vengeance last October and is with me daily since enemy tho I'm back on ppi twice a day, I had horrendous nausea, back pain and under rib cage pain on right side, past couple of days it's hard to breathe, all I can say to you is stick with ppi and try a good probiotic like udos choice, I have found since I started taking milk thistle twice a day the pain in my side where my liver is has improved, I really believe the only way is to have the hernia fixed. Best of luck

• Posted

Yeah it really is hard going but in a weird way nice to hear others in the same boat as me. I just want some sort of help(and to help others) as I've been let down time and time again by GP'S. I had a flare up in early October which was horrendous(by stopping ppi's too!) some nights I honestly thought I was on my way out I felt so bad! I had another late November when alcohol was involved after seeing a band but I still want to try and lead a normal life though it's extremely difficult. I've told people and they just don't understand how I feel it really is awful. I really tried my best over Xmas not to over indulge. I have to constantly watch what and when I eat/drink and hope and pray I'll be ok!! Glad you've had a slight improvement and if I have any breakthroughs I'll be first to let you know. I'm also wanting to lose some weight so hopefully that'll help a bit. I'm slightly overweight but when you're constantly feeling lethargic, bloated and barely sleeping it's hard to find any energy at all. I totally agree and think the only way is to fix the hernia. I will keep you posted about my ultrasound but best wishes to you too and hopefully we can get back to feeling normal again!

Take Care.

• Posted

Hi Kate,

Apparently I only have a minor hiatus hernia, however Nexium doesn't do anything and it seems everything I eat gives me pain, I have lost 10 kg in weight, it is such a debilitating condition mentally as well as physically, I'm still trying to work out what to eat đŸ˜¦

• Posted

Hi goose, 

your symptoms are quite familiar to me for over 5 years now. It started with dizziness and discomfort in chest and throat for me  in 2012,  scariest part is difficulty breathing and still comes and goes. Some doctors said ite acid reflux and some said chronic fatigue syndrome. Whatever, I think stress in the prime cause, and medication seldom work effectively over 2 weeks! It will go away.

God bless , 

Thomas

• Posted

Hi Thomas thanks for the reply! Yeah it's horrible isn't it? I can't rule out stress either though as I had a terrible time over last few years with a former employer and really injured my back so been an awful time. A relative mentioned stress to me which I also know can trigger things. I had problems for the last 4-5 years too and after getting over the h pylori finally it just seemed to open up another can of worms!! Totally agree with the difficulty breathing and discomfort in chest/throat! That's probably my worst symptoms at the moment. Just get fed up of being blagged off by doctors. I hope things calm down soon though and will update on here any joy I have would love to get better obviously but as much to help others because it really does affect you on a daily basis.

Good luck and Kind regards

Goose ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.