Stomach problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me, I have been having severe stomach pain, with trapped wind and now I have pressure and pain around my heart. The pain covers my whole midsection and it gets worse at night. I am taking ranitidine because my doctor said I may have damaged the lining of my stomach, I was also on omeprazole, neither of which help for long. The pain is so intense I can't move, feel physically sick, shake and feel very weak. I have noticed if I don't eat, it gets worse, but also a lot of foods seem to make it worse, spicy foods, heavy foods, white bread, mostly I have been living on chocolate and coke (it shouldnt help but I have found it relieves that pressure for a while). I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this, and if so what, if anything, helps? Thankyou.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like a stomach ulcer. You should maybe go back to your GP? You should def try to avoid the chochocolate and coke as these are very acidic. Try to avoid acidics for a while and see how it goes. Milk is acidic so don't be tempted to drink it in the aid of relief.

Try to go for cereals, toast, fruit but not really acidic I.e.oranges. Vegetables, soups such as lentil and chicken, home made is best. Try changing your diet for a week and see if it helps. If not, get to the docs.

• Posted

Thankyou, that is really helpful, I did not know chocolate was acidic. I think I will take your advice and hopefully it will ease off. I have already got a doctors appointment, I was just hoping to help the pain until I go. Thankyou again.
  • Posted

Yes chocolate is really acidic and most people who have the tiniest ulcers can't eat it without coating your stomach with ranitidine first. :-)
  • Posted

i didn't know about chocolate, thanks a lot smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.