Stomach problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi hopefully looking for some advice. Im a 40 year old fairly fit male.I have suffered for 5 years now with ongoing problems starting with h pylori. After constant doses of anti-biotics and regular ant-acids i decided to domy own research. I tried different things mastika, pro biotic drinks(which helped) and carnosoothe(liquiroce root) which eliminated the infection. This was confirmed after my 2nd endoscopy last year though they did pick up a hiatal hernia.I sleep more upright and I had changed my diet and ditched spicy foods and cut down alcohol and still try my best. My syptoms were still similar though and started Lansoprazole again and tried apple cider vinegar. Im now at my wits end as all my symptoms are as bad as ever. I suffer daily with sore stomach,burning, gnawing,sore throat/head, bad breath, bloating,run down etc

But its the lack of sleep which is draining tge lifw

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

*draining the life out of me. If anyone can help docs/fellow sufferers it would be really appreciated.

Thanks Gavin

• Posted

Have you ever used ibuprofen? That can destroy stomach lining within days. It can cause internal bleeds and ulcers in the stomach and leave you with dyspepsia.

Could your doctor refere you for investigation...camera down throat yo look at your stomach.

• Posted

Hi Karen not really used that for years as i know what it does. Ive had Endoscopy twice in last few years last year they found hiatal hernia which im sures a big part of the problem. By doing my own research the h pylori infection i first had 4-5 years ago has probably been the trigger for all of this. I was actually at hospital today for an ultrasound scan so awaiting any news but im at my wits end feel awful all the time.

Regards Gavin.

• Posted

My father has a hiatal hernia. He had to change his diet and sleep on his left side which helps. He was prescribed omeprazole capsules. Sometimes they can repair it via keyhole surgery but it depends where in the stomach it's situated.

Regards

Karen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.