Stomach problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

HELLO AGAIN TO EVERYONE . I SEEM TO BE CONSTANTLY IN THIS SITE RECENTLY , BUT I AM WORRYING MYSELF SICK . IN JANUARY I HAD A FLU BUG THAT TOOK A WHILE TO CLEAR , BUT THE TWO WEEKS LATER RETURNED WITH A VENGENCE PLUS HAD MY PERIOD AT THE SAME TIME . EVENTUALLY THIS WENT ONLY TO GET ANOTHER PERIOD EARLY . THAT FINISHED THE WEEKEND BEFORE LAST. EVER SINCE THEN I HAVE FELLT POORLY , NO APPETITE , NAUSEA , PANIC ATTACKS , BOWEL ISSUES , PROBLEMS SLEEPING.I AM GETTING SO ANXIOUS AS THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A WEEK . I WEEK TO THE DOCTORS ON MONDAY AND I AM GOING IN TOMORROW FOR A BLOOD TEST TO CHECK FOR ANAEMIA . THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT THIS BUG CAN KEEP COMING BACK AND THAT SHE HAD HAD IT ON AND OFF FOR MONTHS . I JUST CANT STOP WORRYING WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME . I AM 51 AND HAVE BEEN IN PERI FOR 3 YEARS

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

**I AM _WORRYING MYSELF SICK . **

I took that from your post. I can really sense your distress and anxiety I really feel for you it's horrible isn't it feeling like that.

As a fellow suffer I've learnt that my thoughts have a massive effect on my physical well being.

Have you spoken to the GP regarding your anxiety? Obviously I do not know if you take hrt or medications, or if you want to discuss that.

Quitening the mind through listening to anything relaxation, YouTube sites for free hypnotherapy, really does help. I like marissa peer at the moment.

I roll my eyes when people say this too, but 🙄 your mind is so powerful.

I battle everyday with a chronic illness I've had for over 10 years .

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Hi Jane

I hear you and I know what it is like. I have had on going stomach issues since this whole thing started. I also get panic from but I know it is hormone related so I tend not to focus on it.

I've been through all of what you mentioned and this can be typical for many woman at this forum.

Hang tight - you are not alone. CK

• Posted

Jane is right. The mind is a powerful thing. If you live in the U.S. Cigna(a heath insurance company) has started making commercials telling people when they go for their physical to tell your doctor what's going on with your MIND and body. I am blessed with a great PCP. She actually gives you a test when you come in to see where you are mentally. She also listens to me. The medical community finally figured out that mind and body are inherently connected and that what goes on in your mind affects your body.

I also have changed what I watch on TV and what type of music I listen to. I try to watch uplifting TV and I listen to contemporary Christian music most of the time. I also have tons of meditation on my play list.

I pray that you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Jane, I am sorry to hear that you are having tummy troubles. Stomach viruses can wreak havoc on the digestive system. Depending how bad it was the first time, your gut flora will be all out of balance, and electrolytes as well, you might even be a bit dehydrated. When our gut balance is off our immune system weakens leaving an open door to more viruses. Unfortunately doctors don't tell you this, just as when people take antibiotics and then wonder why they get chronic illnesses afterwards, because is strips away all the good bacteria. Have you tried taking a probiotic to get the good bacteria back in your gut? Drink more water, and even try a little Himalayan salt in a bit of water. The next thing is try not to worry. Worrying can make your stomach do flip flops and if it is already in a sensitive state you don't want to aggravate it more. Try focusing on healing your gut. If you find you are starting to lose weight or feeling chronic pain or pass blood then I would go back to the doctors right away. Your doctor is right in saying these bugs can last a long time and that is because people don't know what to do to give your stomach healing tools.

• Posted

I was also sick in January, though I had a really nasty cold. The cough and hoarseness lasted for about 3 weeks. It took me a while to get over. I know this may sound ridiculous, but I swear I have had a snowball effect of hormone/menopause issues after that cold that I am still dealing with. . Hot flashes, night sweats and I have breast pain, bowel troubles, mouth/teeth pain, sore tongue. It has been one thing after another and some at the same time.

I have been to the ER, nothing wrong with my chest x ray or heart or bloodwork.. I had a 3D mammogram and an thorough breast exam, all normal. Just had my hormones tested. My FSH is 78.4 (last year was 86.4). LH is 45.3, Progesterone is .28, testoterone is 16.00. and I haven't got my Estrogen levels back yet. Oh and my TSH (thyroid) is 1.21.

I am 50 (51 next month) and have been period free for 17 months.

I had YEARS of peri-menopause. I feel I am a peri war veteran. It has left me with chronic PTSD with my health. No joke. I have chronic worry over my health. So I can relate. I have this motto. "When in in serious doubt get it checked out." I have a two week limit rule. If it last two weeks I am going in for medical help. It depends the severity, sometimes I go in sooner.

You can worry yourself sick or at the very least feel symptoms even worse because of the worry. Though I am going to say it sounds like your flu bug probably hit your immune system which triggered your hormones to do a tap dance worse than usual. Which worry and hormone fluctuation can both be the cause of most of your symptoms. It might help to keep a diary of your symptoms and how long they last. That way you can keep it in check mentally and medically when you speak to your Dr.

Hang in there. We will be hanging in there with you. You are not alone.

• Posted

Yes , I am trying to tell myself all this . I really do feel like I have been through the ringer since new year . Apparently the virus that I had is very violent and just keeps coming back , coupled with two heavy and painful periods cant have helped. I just really need to get my immune system working again , but going by my recent periods , I could be on agsin in the next couple of weeks ☹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.