Stomach problems

Posted , 13 users are following.

I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH STOMACH ISSUES ON AND OFF FOR A WHILE NOW. MY ABDOMEN FEELS LIKE SOMEONE IS WASHING UP IN IT SOMETIMES, I ALSO SOMETIMES HAVE AN ACHE ACROSS MY NAVEL OR TO THE RIGHT OF IT. MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE FINE BUT I AM GETTING QUITE DOWN OVER THE ABDOMEN DISCOMFORT. DOES ANYONE ELSE SUFFER PROBLEMS LIKE THIS AND DOES ANYTHING HELP?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes!!! That is my biggest issue too. Has your appetite decreased? I haven't found anything that helps except eating smaller meals throughout the day. I have anxiety as well because of the hormonal issues so I know thats why my stomach is a mess. Wish I could be more help🙁

• Posted

My appetite has decreased and I force myself to eat. My weight is up and down. I started taking a probiotic to see if that helps. Only been 3 days now. Small change but not enough to mention. Stomach bloated, bigger than it's ever been. Seems like all my weight goes there. Just wanna feel better.

• Posted

HI RUTH YOU ARE NOT ALONE SINCE LAST MONTH MY STOMACH HAS BEEN HORRIBLE

I AM MENOPAUSE TWO YEARS AND IT HAS GOT BETTER BUT NOW A FEW HOT FLUSHES

BUT LIKE YOU STOMACH IS HORRIBLE WAS CONSIPATED BUT DOCTOR TOLD ME TO EAT MORE BRAN AND FIBRE WHICH HAS HELPED A LITTLE BUT HAVE TO WATCH WHAT I EAT NO MORE CHEESE AND ON LATOSE FREE MILK DO FEEL FED UP SINE TIMES DO HAVE A PELVIC SCAN COMING UP JUST PRAY AND HANG IN THERE xx

• Posted

When I was peri menopausal I had trouble with my stomach and when I visited the G.P. he told me it was caused by a rush of hormones at my time of the month and thus causing my adrenal gland to pump out more adrenalin and it was causing problems.

Hope you feel better soon......Heather x

• Posted

I have similar issues off n on also. Pains around navel and sharp pains on either side usually signal some hormonal shift, is what I've learned about my body. I usually have a day of spotting after that.

I also have what i call bubble guts. Gas, bloating, rumbling. Applecider vinegar takes care of that. a tablespoon in 8-10 oz of water knocks it out.

Pretty sure you're normal

• Posted

Dear Ruth

I am post menopause now but going into menopause i had stomach issues, unfortunately i got gastits which caused pain and discomfort around obviously the abdomen. The extra reflux that can happen in peri can cause nausea and like me, gastitis. I lost my appetite entirely and lost alot of weight too! Along with the pain and discomfort which can get bad with gastritis (pain radiating through the back) I had alot of heartburn and gas too!

• Posted

im going thru this now for over 3 weeks im 49 and on my ovulation week . i had to go to the ER and they run test and physical test and no reason . i got better and start eating normal food yesterday and got sick again. i have nausea, pain on my upper center abdomen, pain below the breast bone . is this peri? anxuety? im desperate and alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.