Stomach problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Could you please give me any advice you may have.

I have had pain in the bottom of my stomach after i eat which is sometimes relieved by passing gas.

I have not had constipation or loose stools but i have to go as soon as i wake up in the morning and then maybe once or twice later in the day.

I am worried cause i am very obese and in my 50's that it may be something serious and we all know what i mean by that.

I do have haemochromatosis which means i make to much iron, but ive never been able to talk to any other sufferers to see if tbis is a symptoms.

Many Thanks in advance........Heather

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Symptoms of haemochromatosis

weakness and lethargy

weight loss

joint pain, usually in the joints of the second and middle fingers

abdominal pains

liver dysfunction

sexual dysfunctions, such as impotence and low sex drive

disorders of the menstrual period, such as early menopause

loss of body hair

skin darkening

My aunt's friend has haemoochromatosis and needs to have pints of blood removed from him every so often.

• Posted

Thank you i also get blood taken every 16 weeks and i know of the illnesses that go along with it but have not met another woman as where i live the biggest majority of sufferers are men.

Thanks Heather

• Posted

Have you tried looking for a support group for haemochromatosis in your area?

• Posted

Hi Heather,I too have haemachromotosis and I am of similar age to yourself. I also suffer from stomach problems and have done for a while. I also wonder if the problems I have are related to HH

I suffer from GERD, IBS and also recently been diagnosed with a liver cyst and gallbladder polyp, which I am waiting to find out what happens next re treatment etc?! I suffer from constipation regularly and sometimes diarrhoea. My stomach problems seem to have been going on for a while.

Do try not to worry too much about it being something nasty going on. Maybe you should ask your GP for a H.Pylori test as this can cause stomach problems, especially so for people like us with Haemachromotosis. Hope this has helped! Keep in touch let us know how you get on

Best wishes

• Posted

I get worried because i am obese and this brings on many more problems.

I have never spoken to another woman sufferer even though ive been diagnosed for over 10 years, where i stay the vast majority are men.

I look on line for symptomsand its much the same symptoms for ibs as it is for bowel cancer and going by the information its mire likely to be the latter with my obesity, doesn't help i have bad health anxiety.

Nice to hear from a fellow sufferer and i hope you feel better soon.

Many Thanks Heather

• Posted

Thank you for replying i know that stomach problems are associated with haemachromatosis .

I would like to speak to someone who has both so i kniw if my symptoms are similar.

I have had this illness for over ten years but would appreciate speaking to another woman as ive mentioned before i dont jniw another woman with this but i know there are many.........Heather

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.