Stomach problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

5 weeks ago i woke up feeling very full and sick after a night out ever since then i have been getting more and more symptoms albeit my diet hasnt been the best over the xmas period and ive drunk a fair bit of alcohol, symptoms are: alot of wind all the time, feeling sick, strange feeling in my left side like something is swollen, needing the toilet immediately after waking up. i have convinced myself i have cancer as i always do! i generally have a fear of it, even just saying or seeing the word freaks me out and i do this everytime i get something, even if its just something stupid like a swollen gland. i have been to the doctors who gave me lanzoparole but that didnt help so stopped using that, doctor did have a feel of my abdomen and said it all felt normal, done a range of blood tests which all came back normal, 2 stool tests for bacteria's and inflammation both normal, the doctor is now just putting it down to my anxiety, but the symptoms aren't going away and its so frustrating. i really want endoscopy doing for further tests to see if anything is going on and hopefully put my mind at rest but dont know how to get the doctor to refer me for one.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ryan im sorry you have been feeling unwell. I don't wish to scare you but sound like a digestive problems possibility of gastritis. I know its hard done than said but keep an eye on your diet as digestive issues can lead to very serious issues. For me i just woke up one day and started to have swallowing problems and I considered myself very healthy. im waiting for an endoscopy. Its very hard living on runny soups and porridges and most of all cant take pills either.

start taking probiotics and ask for h pylori and blood test. Then take your next step after this.

• Posted

im sorry just noticed you have had blood tests and stool test. Glad to hear they were normal. start taking probiotics if you are not and try and stay on healthy diet. Drinks lots of water.

• Posted

hi, thanks for the reply. already had the h pylori which came back negative, at abit of a loose end at the minute.

• Posted

Yes, an endoscopy would be a good next step, that way they can rule out any other disorders. Do you notice certain foods that make you feel worse. Does anxiety make your symptoms worse? I know from my stomach problems, anxiety/stress definitely make me feel worse.

• Posted

hi courtney, no haven't noticed any foods that make it worse... yes my anxiety always makes it worse and then more symptoms appear.

• Posted

It could be IBS or gastritis. Try a food diary to see if a food is the problem. Go back to your doctor and tell him your worries and ask him to disprove them one by one. Ask your doctor for an endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.