Stomach problems - any ideas - tests all clear

Posted , 5 users are following.

my daughter (20 years old ) has been having awful stomach pains, diarrhoea and blood. She is needing to go about 15 times a day and throughout the night. 

The doctor did blood tests and took a few samples but it has all come back clear. It makes no sense. In a way I am pleased its all clear but also know that her situation is not right and dont know where to go from here. Any ideas?? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Has she had calprotectin stool test? It’s for inflammation caused by mostly ibd like cd or uc, if she’s getting up in night then it’s organic and not an ibs, could be ulcerative colitis 
    • Posted

I have IBS and when it started, the pain woke me from sleep.  This has now stopped.  However, bleeding should always be investigated.
  • Posted

if you can get your daughter to try peppermint flavour tea and see if that will help the reason why you see blood maybe there is a split down there try to put on a but of cream but use a cotton bud to put the cream on and that should help 
  • Posted

Has she had a fecal calprotectin test to look for inflammation that may suggest IBD?  This can include Crohns, Ulcerative colitis and microscopic colitis. If the calprotectin is very high, a colonoscopy would be done to confirm IBD.
    • Posted

not exactly sure what she was tested for but had 4 tests and all clear but still blood and bad tummy!
  • Posted

the doctor has tested for a lot of things (4 samples and bloods taken) still nothing but same symptoms - It cant be normal??

• Posted

It could be that she doesn’t have the conditions she has been tested for and that’s why they come back negative.  She will need tests for other things to investigate the bleeding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.