Stomach Problems for a month.

Posted , 6 users are following.

For about a month I have been having stomach "discomfort." Its not necessarily a painful thing, its more annoying than painful. It's in my upper abdomen. It feels like a balloon and pressure. I have also had lower back pain. My ribs are tender. No changes in bowel movements I dont think. I do feel like i pass gas less often. I went to pcp and they gave me omeprazone, as i was told they think i was having gas problems. Im a hypochondriac to begin with so im thinking i have cancer or something serious like that. Has anyone had any of these symptoms? I feel like a month is a long time to be something that isn't on the serious side.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I've had this upper abdominal discomfort/pressure for almost four months now. It's more of a dull ache and is more uncomfortable than painful. My GP diagnosed me with acid reflux but the medications didn't help so I changed doctors and the recent one said it's gastritis. I've been on pantoprazole for months now but it doesn't help much.

I've given up on coffee and spicy foods. I'm just really tired of this and want my normal health back again. The only time when I don't feel any discomfort is when I wake up in the morning.

If you find any solution for this, please share here!!!

• Posted

Hi

I too have had stomach issues for around 5 weeks. I also get back ache. Do you get this?

• Posted

yes i do get the back pain. i had to create another account i got locked out.

• Posted

hi I have the same symptoms, I feel like there is something under my right rib and I have back pain and cough. I am having blood tests next week and am waiting for a scan. my doctor could not feel anything there when she examined me but I feel like something is there all the time . it's not bad pain but its uncomfortable. I just don't know what to think.

• Posted

Try not to worry. I know, easier said than done. I have had the same off and on for years. It's a very odd thing to feel like there's something there, for sure. Rest assured...if it were something sinister, it wont have just appear over night. Areas of the bowel or organs can feel like that when they are inflamed or irritated. It can feel like that when one is pushed up against the other from irritation, bloating, etc. Obviously, I'm going to tell you to always have it checked out with your doctor, but just wanted you to know you're not alone in your symptoms. It's odd that they gave you omeprazole for gas, though. That med doesn't do anything for gas. They must be assuming you gave GERD/gastritis issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.