Stomach problems getting worse, I'm really worried..

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I had another account but it stopped working maybe because of my e-mail or something so I just created this one. I'm sorry if this ends up being too big but I am really worried..

So it all started in the past November. I was having lunch at some restaurant and at certain point I was feeling really full but at the same time I had this weird stomach pain really similar to hunger which wasn't definitely it. With time it ended up going away. Now maybe two months ago I started having that kind of feeling many times a day. I also had sometimes soft heartburns, lots of burps and gas and my tummy kept making all sort of noises. I let time pass but things got a bit worse. I started feeling really bloated and full, having the same tummy noises and burps and stuff. My intestines were never that regular but they became even worse, my stools became less consistent sometimes. One day I was simply chewing a gum and I started feeling blood taste in my mouth so I went to the bathroom so I could spit. As I did I noticed my saliva was mixed in with blood but just a little bit so it stopped right away. I went to the doctor the next day (which was yesterday) but as I was really nervous I don't think I've explained myself very well. I came back home with antiacids to take during 3 weeks to see what happens. Today I woke up feeling normal, took the antiacid thing 30 minutes after breakfast and then I ate. A couple of hours later I started feeling really unwell. I had diarrhea during some long minutes and honestly I thing I still have. I was also feeling really sick but I'm one of those people who never throws up, I simply can't. I also had this huge pain in my upper stomach that kept going until my back and also this sharp pains around my abdomen. I also started having a weird feeling in my throat, like I have something right there that won't go up or down. It still didn't kept me from eating and my weight is still normal because I make myself eat but I'm really worried and don't know what to do. Can somebody please give me an honest opinion?

Ps. Sorry if my english sucks ;p

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So basically everytime I eat, half an hour later I'm heading to the bathroom with intense pains and diarrhea.. I wouldn't worry if it was a moment thing but this is following everything I wrote up there..
    • Posted

And my meds are not antiacids, I just checked them out and one of them is actually some sort of stomach protector, sucralfate, I think. The other one is for gas excess in the stomach and it's also used as preparation for endoscopies or something like that..
  • Posted

So there are a couple of things it could be, but it sounds to me like IBS. Do you sometimes get constipated too? I would try taking over the counter Buscopan and some Peppermint Oil Capsules (like Colperman). These should help aid digestion and help with the gas and feeling bloated.

As for the tummy pain, do you ever feel like the food is just sitting there in your stomach without shifting? I get this from time to time, normally when I am constipated. If this happens and you are constipated, try some lactulose. It is a stool softener that works a bit like a mild laxative and will help you go but without the stomach cramps.

Keeping up with the antacids is a good idea too. What did the doc give you, a proton-pump-inhibitor like Lansoporozole or Omezoparole (not sure on spelling exactly)? 

I think the peppermint oild tablets are are a very good idea because they can help with allsorts including wind, cramping, feeling sick ect etc.

Keep eating lots of fibre in the form of fruits and vegetables and fortified cereals, and try getting som probiotic yoghurts to get some good bacteria into your tummy.

Also, next time you go into the doctors, write a list of things you want to say before you go in there, that way you know everything you want to talk about,

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply!

I don't get constipated that often.. lately my intestinal transit has been pretty accelerated..

They're not antiacids, I checked them and realised tha one of them was some sorte of stomach protector, sucralfate, I think. The other one is pancreatine plus dimeticone (I'm not english so I don't think if this is the correct translation)

And the list thing seems like a great idea to me because I always forget the most important parts

• Posted

*some sort

** I'm not english so I don't know if this is the correct translation

I'm sorry ahah I'm too sleepy to think correctly

• Posted

I am struggling to stay awake too, so don't worry. Your English is fine. I have not heard of what you have been put on but I would give it a little while to work and see what happens. If you are still having problems in a couple of weeks, go back to the doctors, armed with your list smile Make sure you right down all the symtoms you are having for him. x

Also, I forgot to say in my first post, don't worry about the chewing gum. You probably rubbed it against your gums a little which caused the bleeding. If you are worried though you should visit your dentist.

• Posted

Thank you so much, I will just keep doing this meds to see if they work!
  • Posted

Do you think it could be a norovirus; i have a recuurent stomach virus or sinusitus and i get same symptoms s you describe; blood from the gums/mouth? maybe due to virus or acidity in mouth as well. I wake up with metalic mouth feeling. You said you took the antiacid med after breakfast - could this be a mistake? just that mine are recomended 30mins before food, not after;

take care and get well soon, Kat

• Posted

Hey Pat!

It's not antiacid, it's a stomach protector so I take it 30 minutes before. But can that last so long?

• Posted

Maybe Hiatle Hernia?   I had GERD caused by my Hiatle hernia and had symptoms similar to yours!
    • Posted

I really don't know. I feel better now that I take this meds but I still have this uncomfortable feeling close to the entrance of my stomach or something. That, diarrhea and a soft heartburn..
    • Posted

Good that the meds are working.   Even if it is a Hiatle hernia problem, they will just fight it with really strong stomach protector medicine for a while and then even you out with a daily milder dose.
    • Posted

Most of your symptoms sound like GERD, but the recent diarrhea and stomach pains could just be a virus. Do you feel any other virus symptoms like fever and tiredness? 
    • Posted

I've been feeling a bit tired but that's probably because I don't move my ass around to do anything lately since I'm on vacations and I'm starting to become really lazy. I really gotta start moving! Fever.. no fever, actually.
  • Posted

The thing that's scaring me the most is that besides all those symptoms I have this weird feeling in my throat, like something is stuck there and it simply won't go out. Sometimes food gets stuck there but it eventually goes down and it doesn't prevent me from eating but it is really worrying me..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.