Stomach problems? Ibs or something worse?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, so I'm 20 years old and for the past year my stomach has been pretty bad. I drink coke every day and have takeouts a lot of the time, so I know that-that doesn't help, but whenever I eat dinner, whether its home cooked food or takeout, I feel bloated very quickly and within the matter of a couple of hours I'll be in pain and need to use the toilet. The pain doesn't really go away after using the loo, and the following day and practically every morning I wake up with stomach pain.

Do you know what this could be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've always drunk to much coke as well, sounds like it could be IBS but you need to get yourself checked out with the doctor to rule out other ailments...

• Posted

ive been to the doctors twice and they said it could be gastritis or something and i had a scan last year and nothing came up on it. its just so hard to go through every day but im petrified of needles to get a blood test, so i just thought maybe somebody had any idea what it could be

• Posted

We can only offer advice here because we are not doctors. The only way of getting help is by getting tests even if you are frightened of them. I hate any kind of medical test and react to a lot of procedures and even got injured during one of them due to a poorly trained health care assistant. However, I would not have got a diagnosis had I not had tests. Conquering my fear was very difficult for me, but the fear of not knowing was worse so I went to my doctor.

• Posted

Hi emilyash

Cut out cola and eating junk! Start eating healthy foods fruit and veggies fish chicken. less gassy drinks and spicey and fried foods.....in the meantime try using a product called 'Windeze' from the pharmacy/chemist.....it may help with bloating and gas.....

• Posted

Cut out coke and takeway food. Stick to home cooking and try a food diary to see what foods are causing symptoms. IBS, is a possibility but you will need to see a doctor to get tests and a confirmed diagnosis. With IBS, you get relief after a bowel movement, but it is only temporary relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.